flashing light on a mower

greenhorn

i want to mount a flashing led onto the side of the jd trailed mower here as it sticks out quite a bit on the road and is a bit dangerous.was thinkin of powering it off the side light that is already there. il need a way of turnin it off wen mowing at night wen the lights will be on on the tractor. i get out each field to put down the side cover on the left handside. should i try find an outdoor switch and mount it beside this cover for handyness sake or wud it be complicating matters trying to have a system where once the side cover is put down the flasing light turns off?? suggestions welcome

i want to mount a flashing led onto the side of the jd trailed mower here as it sticks out quite a bit on the road and is a bit dangerous.was thinkin of powering it off the side light that is already there. il need a way of turnin it off wen mowing at night wen the lights will be on on the tractor. i get out each field to put down the side cover on the left handside. should i try find an outdoor switch and mount it beside this cover for handyness sake or wud it be complicating matters trying to have a system where once the side cover is put down the flasing light turns off?? suggestions welcome

I have a flashing led becon on the claas here out at the corner.
I put it on a pole mount wired to the parking lights.
Like you.I'd be getting out anyway so I'd just take the becon of the holder.
you could put a contact switch on the side cover.
like when you close the door of your car and it knocks the light out

Sent from my B15 using Tapatalk

Would you not just wire it off the fog light pin in the socket? And put a switch on it in the cab? Although it is possible there's no blue wire running back along the mower...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would you not just wire it off the fog light pin in the socket? And put a switch on it in the cab? Although it is possible there's no blue wire running back along the mower...

This is how I've done it on ours, but as drew says you need to have the blue wire running down your mower :thumbup:

Have it done the same as drew and Ahc . Have a pulse light on the outside of the mower and baler here . Mighty job at night keep`s blonker`s from driving at you on narrow road`s .

this is what i have on my mower..
i had a flashing light on the last one, but it was blinding people behind, not bad, but bad enough so they wouldnt pass as much.
at least with this, it only effects the drivers you really want to warn.
its a good job on the mower i find, they stay well away from it.
its a led too, so ive just run it off the side lights.
i have a switch on it to knock it off if i need lights, but id normally mow most stuff when the sugar is up, so dont do, if any, night mowing.

Attachments

• DSCF5729.jpg
    DSCF5729.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 153
i had a flashing light on the last one, but it was blinding people behind, not bad, but bad enough so they wouldnt pass as much.
i have a switch on it to knock it off if i need lights, but id normally mow most stuff when the sugar is up, so dont do, if any, night mowing.

That's a right job of a light though its hard to get lads to slow down going by ye :sweatdrop:i do try and have my bit of mowing done before teatime and be off the road before dark
Is the gyro head mowers much neater on the roads?

Not much fear of [MENTION=4291]greenhorn[/MENTION] being finished before dark, the dew would be well lifted before they'd start mowing!!!!! He doesn't know there's two 10'o'clocks in the day ;)

Good lamp i like the flick switch.

That's a right job of a light though its hard to get lads to slow down going by ye :sweatdrop:i do try and have my bit of mowing done before teatime and be off the road before dark
The gyro head is the best thing I have used.
I'd say all mowers differ the Kuhn we have would stick very far over to the ditch side while the claas would stick out twards traffic.
but its awful handy in the field you can lock on as hard as you want

Good lamp i like the flick switch.

The gyro head is the best thing I have used.
I'd say all mowers differ the Kuhn we have would stick very far over to the ditch side while the claas would stick out twards traffic.
but its awful handy in the field you can lock on as hard as you want

ye I know what you mean the tarrup 306 sticks into the ditch and the jd out towards the traffic aswell:rolleyes:
Ye id say id be fair handy in the field alright

no difference on the road from an ordinary drawbar.
but in the field, its black and white...

ye I know what you mean the tarrup 306 sticks into the ditch and the jd out towards the traffic aswell:rolleyes:
Ye id say id be fair handy in the field alright
your not looking for any parts for a 306 are ya, for id have a few bits lying about, could be two beds here for a 307.

no difference on the road from an ordinary drawbar.
but in the field, its black and white...

your not looking for any parts for a 306 are ya, for id have a few bits lying about, could be two beds here for a 307.

I was wondering alright would there be a difference with them on the road
john deeres a awful yoke to get through the town
I suppose if I never mowed with a gyro head mower youud never go back to the drawbar one
Ye a few spare parts would be no harm to have il let you know :thumbup:

[MENTION=4291]greenhorn[/MENTION]
I reckon its one of these your after when you.close down the flap it will break the circuit uploadfromtaptalk1395747322505.jpg

This is how I've done it on ours, but as drew says you need to have the blue wire running down your mower :thumbup:

didnt get chance to check if there is a blue wire yet. sounds like a good set up but the mower does be on four different tractors so it wudnt be practical to have four switches.

that seems like a great job. did u make up a bit of box section or was it already there on the mower? any links to the light/switch online or did u buy in a local motor factors?? was thinkin there we have a spare led beacon but i think the flashin led wud look better.

[MENTION=4291]greenhorn[/MENTION]
I reckon its one of these your after when you.close down the flap it will break the circuit View attachment 18876

yup something like that wud work. can ya grt them to work the opposite of a car as in wen its not pushed it wil turn off?

didnt get chance to check if there is a blue wire yet. sounds like a good set up but the mower does be on four different tractors so it wudnt be practical to have four switches.

that seems like a great job. did u make up a bit of box section or was it already there on the mower? any links to the light/switch online or did u buy in a local motor factors?? was thinkin there we have a spare led beacon but i think the flashin led wud look better.

yup something like that wud work. can ya grt them to work the opposite of a car as in wen its not pushed it wil turn off?

When its open you want it to work isn't it ? Youd have the cover up on the road and the light would flash.
Drop the cover to break the circuit turning it off in the field like ?

When its open you want it to work isn't it ? Youd have the cover up on the road and the light would flash.
Drop the cover to break the circuit turning it off in the field like ?

i was thinkin of havin it up on top so itd work wen its pressed in but i suppose ur way wud be more natural

any good autofactors should have it, its just a led flashing mounted beacon, but its dear enough, €50-70 iirc.
ithats just a bit of 100x50 box with two bolts into the frame inside it.
the push button is to change the flashing pattern, the switch is to knock it on and off.
the paint is even genuine Kv paint, but its the colour of a friday evening job imo, someone wasnt paying attention to the mix.

as for a switch, jd's idea is ok, but tbh, imo, in no time thats going to get dirty, and will eventually piss you off.

this is the type of switch id be going for, this just came up on a quick e bay search, its very cheap, which would ring alarm bells, but still.
if you wanted the dear version, then telemecanique ar the way to go.
already with terminals for NC or NO.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Momentary...al_Components_Supplies_ET&hash=item2c7f294720

any good autofactors should have it, its just a led flashing mounted beacon, but its dear enough, €50-70 iirc.
ithats just a bit of 100x50 box with two bolts into the frame inside it.
the push button is to change the flashing pattern, the switch is to knock it on and off.
the paint is even genuine Kv paint, but its the colour of a friday evening job imo, someone wasnt paying attention to the mix.

as for a switch, jd's idea is ok, but tbh, imo, in no time thats going to get dirty, and will eventually piss you off.

this is the type of switch id be going for, this just came up on a quick e bay search, its very cheap, which would ring alarm bells, but still.
if you wanted the dear version, then telemecanique ar the way to go.
already with terminals for NC or NO.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Momentary...al_Components_Supplies_ET&hash=item2c7f294720

Nearly everyone has them now 24/7 do a few versions of them and we all know there everywhere.
Could also go down the push button route if he wanted it to make the contact when the side guard is up uploadfromtaptalk1395762453085.jpg
I honestly tink wire a pole mount beacon to the parks and just take it off when your getting out is nearly the easiest

You could put a loop from the plug on the mower up to a switch that you can just throw in through the back window either, then you just Gota make sure the blue is powered on each tractor.

Although the switched blue could be handy if ya wanted a light on tanker or back of trailer for backing into shed at night etc..

for handiness sake i think il go with tinmans idea of wirin it to side light with a switch. thanks for all input tho

If you look at the cable running across the main frame, about the middle there is a plug with 2 or 3 wires in it.
Never tested to see but they may be part of the side light circut & save breaking into it at the side light.

I'd say that plug is for other countries regs, but weather it's for a beacon or foglight I don't know.

If you look at the cable running across the main frame, about the middle there is a plug with 2 or 3 wires in it.
Never tested to see but they may be part of the side light circut & save breaking into it at the side light.

I'd say that plug is for other countries regs, but weather it's for a beacon or foglight I don't know.

i seen that plug ur on about yesterday. assumed it was for the grouper if one was fitted.

Had 2 of this very type here till one met with a bit of a accident .:no: Went to get another one and they wanted 75e for it , had originally got the 2 for 80 . So got one off truck electric`s http://www.truck-electrics.com/hazard-warning-led-light-head-3-amber-24v.html .

Back