Football

They're not taking the knee as part of Black Lives Matter.

They're making a stand against racism and discrimination in general.

And the abuse received by the black players on the team last night shows why they might think it nessecary to speak out about racism
They are taking the knee against people being arseholes. It's not something we can really change. It's different to be looking for equality in front of the law or from the state, but there will always be arseholes out there.
I'm not for racially abusing people myself, though I'm sure I've dished out a few insults myself on people's appearance in the past, we've all called someone a "fat bleep" or worse in the heat of the moment. Trying to make being mean illegal just isn't going to work imo.
I don't think I have to be reminded that world has problems at every turn, at sporting events, in sitcoms, advertisements etc.
I've no doubt either that the players mean well by it. I don't however trust their sponsors or agents. Promoting these messages are the in thing now, not even so much as to gain viewership but that if you don't do it a bunch of arseholes on the other end of the spectrum give you shit like you must be a racist or homophobe for not highlighting the worlds issues.
I'm just fed up with it. It's no necessary and it won't work. The best way to deal with this isn't to try to control thought but to tell those affected exactly what's happening that arseholes are being arseholes.

I was reading somewhere yesterday a police statement that domestic violence increases irrespective of the result, your o/h is most likely correct that it is higher because of the loss,

I've seen footage from Dublin over the last couple of weeks and we don't have to go to the UK to find SCumbags,

I often wonder where we (world in general) are heading ?
Parents are to blame. And divorce. Contraception etc.
I think there are more parental partners now that wouldn't have paired together pre Contraception, the ability to have casual sex with little risk or responsibility has probably led to poorer choices in a larger percentage of the population.
I think I'm right in saying it's a fact that kids with only one parent are less likely to lead successful lives. One of the largest factors infact for success.
Then you just have people who are at that end of the spectrum of society and they have always been there and always will be.

Heard of 2 local 14 year old beating the daylights out of another lad who would have special needs. Wtf. My friends lad jumped in and told them to stop. If he hadn't been there the outcome would have been alot worse . Are punishments too lenient, no deterrent not to do things
There was a fella in my year at secondary school who had a physical disability, he was well liked and got on with everyone. A few first years came in when we were in our second to last or last year tried to give him hassle, they barely got started when it was snuffed out pretty quick. I was surprised at younger lads being cruel that way. Never experience it before.

They're not taking the knee as part of Black Lives Matter.

They're making a stand against racism and discrimination in general.

And the abuse received by the black players on the team last night shows why they might think it nessecary to speak out about racism

" taking the knee " was created by the " Black lives matter " movement , it is one and the same and " black lives matter " are a lot more than about opposing police in america abusing their powers

there are and were already very good orginisations in the UK who are involved in tackling racist abuse by fans against black players at matches , they have been in existence for years

Heard of 2 local 14 year old beating the daylights out of another lad who would have special needs. Wtf. My friends lad jumped in and told them to stop. If he hadn't been there the outcome would have been alot worse . Are punishments too lenient, no deterrent not to do things

lack of old fashioned proper upbringing , young lads always get involved in punch ups but by fourteen , you should know not to do anything like that to a special needs kid , its especially scummy

Lads brought up addicted to video games of being a champion if you beat your way through fighting games. Some of them can't tell reality from video games, also if you act the Conor mcgregor you're a hero in their friends eyes.
Just my thought. You wouldn't see those chaps picking on lads bigger or stronger than themselves.

I had a run in with the parents of one of the 2 lads years ago. I was pregnant at the time and their older lad was bullying one of my kids. Apparently it was my lads fault that their lad was a bully. The father pushed me against a wall and lectured me on their child doing no wrong. ...

I had a run in with the parents of one of the 2 lads years ago. I was pregnant at the time and their older lad was bullying one of my kids. Apparently it was my lads fault that their lad was a bully. The father pushed me against a wall and lectured me on their child doing no wrong. ...

With Parents like that ,it is no wonder

Bad seed

1626092512229.png

He looks alot older than what he is
Almost 37 and still bombing up and down the field after 120minutes, making a show of some of the younger players on the field. Chiellini and Bonucci just seemed to want it more, while a few English players were a lot more worried they would lose it rather than they wanting to go win it.

" taking the knee " was created by the " Black lives matter " movement , it is one and the same and " black lives matter " are a lot more than about opposing police in america abusing their powers

there are and were already very good orginisations in the UK who are involved in tackling racist abuse by fans against black players at matches , they have been in existence for years

Taking the knee to protest against racism and police violence in the states was started by Colin Kaepernick as opposed to BLM was it not?

The players, the manager and the FA have all explicitly said that they are not protesting as part of BLM, surely if they were supporting BLM so publicly they wouldn't be denying it.

They're making their own protest

Taking the knee to protest against racism and police violence in the states was started by Colin Kaepernick as opposed to BLM was it not?

The players, the manager and the FA have all explicitly said that they are not protesting as part of BLM, surely if they were supporting BLM so publicly they wouldn't be denying it.

They're making their own protest

Regardless of where it originated, BLM embraced it and included it in their presentation, see BLM event in Dublin last year

Because they are arrogant
Even the players were ripping their medals off as soon as they were handed them
I agree 100%, if one enters a competition to try and win it, why then when you come second do you remove the medal as soon as you are presented with it. I think it is a serious lack of respect. I know it’s common enough place in team sports but I can’t ever remember an Olympic athlete removing their silver or bronze medal with a long face on em because they didn’t win.
Anyone should be proud to be second place and understandably disappointed not to have won. But feck sake don’t go and sulk or disrespect the one or team that were better than you.

A penalty should be a straight run up to kick the ball , not a little exhibition beforehand. Delighted he missed thh

A penalty should be a straight run up to kick the ball , not a little exhibition beforehand. Delighted he missed thh
When you look at it again, there wasnt much overly fancy about it. He probably saw it as a way of making sure the ball was going a different way to the goalie, that part worked, nobody would have expected him to miss the target though, especially when he was merely tapping it in.

Back