Football

IMG-20221211-WA0001.jpg

England probably won it out only for kane penalty miss ,like he should have kept it on target at least blast it straight down the centre of goals even .
Stephen cluxton and Dean rock have scored pressure frees to win All Irelands which you would not have expected them to score .I suppose more pressure on Kane as he was expected to score and could have done with eyes closed in a non pressure game

England probably won it out only for kane penalty miss ,like he should have kept it on target at least blast it straight down the centre of goals even .
Stephen cluxton and Dean rock have scored pressure frees to win All Irelands which you would not have expected them to score .I suppose more pressure on Kane as he was expected to score and could have done with eyes closed in a non pressure game
Wonder will harry kane receive the same dogs abuse that Saka , Rashford and Sancho received after the Euros.

I thought France were the far better team, other than the 2 stupid penalties given away when there wasn't much of goal threat. France looked to be able to score when they needed to, it would have interesting to see what would happened if England had scored. England offered little in open play, Henderson was their best player by far, he can still turn it on for the big games, other than him they missed a leader to grab them by the scruff of the neck and made them work for it.
A nice fair weather team and nice tippy tappy football, but feck all grit or hard work.
Could you imagine a French team doing that to an English team from the 60's, 70's, 80's or 90's?

I thought France were the far better team, other than the 2 stupid penalties given away when there wasn't much of goal threat. France looked to be able to score when they needed to, it would have interesting to see what would happened if England had scored. England offered little in open play, Henderson was their best player by far, he can still turn it on for the big games, other than him they missed a leader to grab them by the scruff of the neck and made them work for it.
A nice fair weather team and nice tippy tappy football, but feck all grit or hard work.
Could you imagine a French team doing that to an English team from the 60's, 70's, 80's or 90's?
I would argue Saka was by far the best player on the pitch, Imo if the Ref had his head in the game at all England would have won, first French goal came from an obvious foul on Saka at the french box, numerous other very bad calls that went against England. Agree with your last sentence i find football very boring now compared to early nineties (don't remember earlier) was more "grit and hard work" and overall more enjoyable to watch.

I would argue Saka was by far the best player on the pitch, Imo if the Ref had his head in the game at all England would have won, first French goal came from an obvious foul on Saka at the french box, numerous other very bad calls that went against England. Agree with your last sentence i find football very boring now compared to early nineties (don't remember earlier) was more "grit and hard work" and overall more enjoyable to watch.
How many shots on target did Saka have?

The English players started to moan to the ref and continued to whine all game, none of them had a go at the French, they did know it was the French they were playing? If you start trying to play against the ref you have lost before you start.

How many shots on target did Saka have?
1 if I remember correctly but it's the chances he assisted and what he contributed to the play at least twice he was fouled when he could have created a viable chance and didn't get awarded the free

If England had gotten 4 more penalties and 10 more free kicks they probably would have won.

We must have been watching two different games, I thought England dominated for the vast majority of the game

It is the only statistic, the aim of the game and how it was, is and always will be judged.
England dominated while France were ahead, while level France were far better.
The football pundits across the tv channels broadly speaking believed England were better on the night, I agree but not everyone sees a match the same obviously

It is the only statistic, the aim of the game and how it was, is and always will be judged.
England dominated while France were ahead, while level France were far better.
Exactly
Wales dominated for 60 minutes against austrailia in the proper game but the result is austrailia won
All that matters is the final score

Back