Football

No matter which way this goes it will be bad for the game, all it will do is widen the gap between the big clubs and the smaller ones. Either a revamped and extended Champion's League or a breakaway European Super League.

European Super League: Uefa furious at 11 major clubs signing up to breakaway plans​

No matter which way this goes it will be bad for the game, all it will do is widen the gap between the big clubs and the smaller ones. Either a revamped and extended Champion's League or a breakaway European Super League.

European Super League: Uefa furious at 11 major clubs signing up to breakaway plans​

Sure it will make the make the champions League pointless. I wonder how it will affect all the national leagues for the countries affected for example in England the Premier League, championship, league 1, league 2 and so on down the list. Thankfully the German teams rejected the letter (I think that was down to the fans owning the majority of shares in the club's in Germany) and the French teams as well

welp they agreed. watched gary neville's rant on it. why the fuck (excuse the language) are arsenal and tottenham even allowed in such a league in the first place is beyond me. undermines the whole qualifying thing to get into the europa and champions league and i cant even imagine how the relegations and promotions will work in england, and even in spain and italy when they do join that super league.

welp they agreed. watched gary neville's rant on it. why the fuck (excuse the language) are arsenal and tottenham even allowed in such a league in the first place is beyond me. undermines the whole qualifying thing to get into the europa and champions league and i cant even imagine how the relegations and promotions will work in england, and even in spain and italy when they do join that super league.
Gary Neville can't take the high moral ground on this one when he and his buddies have bought themselves success at the lower levels of the football league. You have a short memory if you don't consider Arsenal one of the top clubs in England, but the inclusion of Spurs is a joke. I would expect there will be a stand-off between these 12 clubs and UEFA, and no doubt it will be resolved by them getting a bigger slice of the TV pie in the revamped Champion's League. A sad day for the sport.

Gary Neville can't take the high moral ground on this one when he and his buddies have bought themselves success at the lower levels of the football league. You have a short memory if you don't consider Arsenal one of the top clubs in England, but the inclusion of Spurs is a joke. I would expect there will be a stand-off between these 12 clubs and UEFA, and no doubt it will be resolved by them getting a bigger slice of the TV pie in the revamped Champion's League. A sad day for the sport.
i get that arsenal are 1 of the biggest clubs in england but for god sake i wouldnt even consider them to be in the top 20 teams in europe the way the past couple of seasons went (unless they pull something miraculous in this seasons europa league. then my mind might change). they're barely even competing to get into the europa league for next season

i get that arsenal are 1 of the biggest clubs in england but for god sake i wouldnt even consider them to be in the top 20 teams in europe the way the past couple of seasons went (unless they pull something miraculous in this seasons europa league. then my mind might change). they're barely even competing to get into the europa league for next season
You obviously don't remember Man City getting relegated twice in 3 years and ending up in what is now League One so. Arsenal have won 4 times as many league titles as Liverpool in the last 30 years :whistle:

You obviously don't remember Man City getting relegated twice in 3 years and ending up in what is now League One so. Arsenal have won 4 times as many league titles as Liverpool in the last 30 years :whistle:
tbf i am a naughties kid but again they arent the best these days whereas man city, just have to look at their recent run of form

tbf i am a naughties kid but again they arent the best these days whereas man city, just have to look at their recent run of form
Big clubs aren't about recent success, that's why Leicester aren't in the Super League. Or Blackburn, who have won as many Premier League titles as Liverpool.

Big clubs aren't about recent success, that's why Leicester aren't in the Super League. Or Blackburn, who have won as many Premier League titles as Liverpool.
But if you're going by big clubs not based on recent success, then villa should be in there before either city or Chelsea

But if you're going by big clubs not based on recent success, then villa should be in there before either city or Chelsea
You could say the same about Nottingham Forest. It has more to do with the power of the brand name than what's in the trophy cabinet.
Why is there 6 teams from the Premier league out of the 12 involved?
The one thing these teams have in common is they are owned by people who are more interested in financial gain than on-field success. The real reason for this competition is it guarantees them access to the biggest club competition in the world every year no matter how bad a season they have domestically or how many times they change manager. There are huge financial consequences for these clubs if they don't qualify for the Champion's League, most people will remember what happened at Leeds 20 years ago, this new competition takes away that insecurity. It has a complete disregard for sporting merit, the more I think about it the worse it gets. They also have the Premier League and UEFA over a barrel as there's very little they can do to stop them. People are calling for them to be thrown out of the Premier League, they can't do that, the television rights would take a colossal hit without the star attractions. UEFA are talking about banning players from international competition, again they can't do that as the star players are the big merchandising cash cows and it will affect some international teams worse than others. The big question at the minute is who are the other 3 teams that have yet to be announced, Rangers and Celtic are suspiciously quiet.

The big question at the minute is who are the other 3 teams that have yet to be announced, Rangers and Celtic are suspiciously quiet.
and so are the portugese, turkish, greeks, ukranians and russians. they have teams consistently in the champions and europa league. uefa's proposed changes for the champions league leaves a lot to be desired as well

and so are the portugese, turkish, greeks, ukranians and russians. they have teams consistently in the champions and europa league. uefa's proposed changes for the champions league leaves a lot to be desired as well
Indeed. PSG are the obvious missing ones at the minute, the Germans say they're out, Ajax, Benfica, Porto, Galatasaray would all have massive financial clout.
Dundalk football club in a bad way too. American owners there
Some mess, and yet again proof that you can't build a successful team by simply throwing money at it.

Indeed. PSG are the obvious missing ones at the minute, the Germans say they're out, Ajax, Benfica, Porto, Galatasaray would all have massive financial clout.

Some mess, and yet again proof that you can't build a successful team by simply throwing money at it.
tbf with the germans, the fans have a huge amount of power when it comes to board decisions except for maybe rb leipzig. was surprised by psg and their stance. and one thing i read as well, the founding teams are either struggling this season or have financial problems atm. barca, 1.2bil euro in debt, real madrid are doing up their stadium, inter shut down their chinese team which had won the chinese league last season, ac having problems financially. same with juve. apparently chelsea and man city were hesitant about the league but ended up joining anyways as their rivals are joining it

Dundalk signed some player last week. He's on 7500 euro a week. Are league of Ireland players normally on that type of money? Plenty of local lads well able to play would love to play for a fraction of that money. Also see Jose is gone from spurs

take what you will from what he is saying. made the point on fielding a weaker team for the "less" important games isnt anything new. some managers dont like their players going to international games due to injuries mainly, again nothing new. american owners confused by the concept of relegation and promotion as well

Last edited:
Dundalk signed some player last week. He's on 7500 euro a week. Are league of Ireland players normally on that type of money? Plenty of local lads well able to play would love to play for a fraction of that money. Also see Jose is gone from spurs
Most league of Ireland players are happy to be paid eny wages at all at the end of the week. Its a tale of mismanagement all over thwt league but dundalk takes the biscuit

FB_IMG_1618856784387.jpg
FB_IMG_1618856790059.jpg
FB_IMG_1618856793406.jpg

Some good jokes out of the whole situation

how come Bayern Munich are not included or Paris St Germain ?
Bayern and practically all the German teams except for Leipzig are majority owned by the fans and have a good chunk of power when it comes to board decisions.
PSG, even though Qatar man owns them, from what I heard (not sure is true) he has something to do with the broadcasting rights in several countries for the champions and Europa league and has more than likely done the maths. That could change though

Last edited:
Back