Football

When you look at it again, there wasnt much overly fancy about it. He probably saw it as a way of making sure the ball was going a different way to the goalie, that part worked, nobody would have expected him to miss the target though, especially when he was merely tapping it in.

I suppose I'm looking at it from the goalkeeper's point of view. Were these fancy run ups even a thing before Bruno came to United

He's a very impressive young man who seems to have his head well screwed on off the pitch, the kind of role model the game badly needs. His run up looked more like a lad who didn't really know what he was going to do, as he says a lack of confidence maybe. John Aldridge used to stop during his run ups 30 years ago, acting the maggot to put the goalkeeper off is nothing new, you could say the goalkeeper shouldn't be jumping around on his line if you go down that road

I suppose I'm looking at it from the goalkeeper's point of view. Were these fancy run ups even a thing before Bruno came to United
In a word, yes. They have been part of football for years now. A rule was introduced that banned stopping in the run up which has made them look worse but they aren't new

IMG-20210714-WA0000.jpg

Bell ends! Just take it on the chin,some you win some you lose.

Even the players were ripping their medals off as soon as they were handed them
Disagree totally. In elite sport, anything other than a winners medal is regarded as failure, no one is proud of failure.

we live in a bit of a ‘participation trophy’ society, where people frown up on those who don’t respect coming second.

calvin phillips kissed his runners up medal, and all i thought when i saw it, was lack of winning mentality.

What are the rules of a goalkeeper handling the ball. Is it 7 seconds and get rid of it? Was at a senior soccer game the other night and the goalkeeper had the ball, bounced it, held onto it, bounced again, held onto it, same again and then kicked it out. Is that allowed

What are the rules of a goalkeeper handling the ball. Is it 7 seconds and get rid of it? Was at a senior soccer game the other night and the goalkeeper had the ball, bounced it, held onto it, bounced again, held onto it, same again and then kicked it out. Is that allowed
When i played as a kid, it was 8 steps, i think that became 8 seconds. But no-one enforces it.

Back