Football

Have you something you'd like to share with the group
Not really, I am just a bit surprised that Arsenal loosing came as a shock, becoming a habit with them unfortunately also reasonably clear from the posts above that Arsenal had lost yet again, I thought.

Not really, I am just a bit surprised that Arsenal loosing came as a shock, becoming a habit with them unfortunately also reasonably clear from the posts above that Arsenal had lost yet again, I thought.
Has anybody got a number for George Graham

I am not running down the team, or the current manager, but in my view.
One of the best teams ever, but not a lot ahead of the great Kerry or Kilkenny team, with the best manager ever, I don't believe today would have turned out like it did if Jim Gavin was in charge.
I agree with your comment on Gavin, I do however think they are well out on their own as the best team ever. James McCarthy has to be just about the best to ever play football, he has had an incredible career.

It's a shame the 2012-2017 Mayo team will be forgotten in time, they were leagues better than the excellent team that won yesterday.

IMG-20210815-WA0000.jpg

Wenger was a great manager, but could not admit he needed defensive coach, Arsenal seem to keep appointing forward coaches and ignoring the basics.
Fairly basic mistakes again today. Away to West Brom in the League Cup on Wednesday and away to Man City next Saturday. Just looking at the fixture list, have to go to Burnley, Brighton, Leicester, Liverpool, Man Utd, Everton and Leeds before Christmas. Few tricky home games in that period too, Spurs, Villa and West Ham in particular. Can't see Arteta lasting far beyond that unless things change dramatically.

Fitzmaurice back in the hot seat? I doubt Keane will be there next year? Massive systems failure today, running into brick walls and cul de sacs all day
Possibly, and Jack o Connor is never far away either
Its a good year for football now though, no matter who wins the final, its after a poor period IMO.

Back