Ford 6600 1981 Q Cab

From memory to get oil flow from the auxiliary supply you must drop your lift arms approx one or two inches from the fully raised position then pull out the auxiliary supply button and then raise the lift leaver to the fully raised position....
This is exactly how the one we had operated.

Most of the 600 series tractors around these parts had the double spool valves so probably most buyers ordered spools to be fitted when buying new. A 2 year old 7600 was purchased here back then and the first job I did was remove the valve levers from under the seat and made up levers which extended up to the side of the seat within easy reach. The odd tractor had a hand operated trailer brake valve fitted with the handle sticking up next to the handbrake. The more you pulled the handle up the more pressure was applied to the trailer brakes. There's one of those valves still in my workshop.

Next doors 7600 new in 77 didn’t have spools or dual power,a 7600 power+ I used to drive had the spools extended with pipes so you didn’t need to reach down to use them.

We fitted the valves to the Fritzmeir Ford 7600 . Working the Beet Harvester the oil was always very hot but when we fitted the valve it ran cooler . The valve was fitted to work a push off buckrake .

We fitted the valves to the Fritzmeir Ford 7600 . Working the Beet Harvester the oil was always very hot but when we fitted the valve it ran cooler . The valve was fitted to work a push off buckrake .
That’s just luxury,I did years buck raking with a 5000 reaching down to pull/push the button for the push off,had a 674 Nash with spools but it wasn’t man enough compared to the 5000.
Youngsters nowadays with electric spools and shuttle gearboxes are spoilt rotten.

When you pull ASC knob out, pull lift lever to top and hold it back and work the loader. When we had the loader on the 7600, if you didnt tie lever back it would of kicked out whenever you lifted the loader

Thank for all the info everyone & to @Madzamby for the Operators Manual pages đź‘Ť

Got it all working, unplugged the hedge cutter to get the loader going.
ASC out, Draft mode selected, lift in neutral & then to up position.

Thank for all the info everyone & to @Madzamby for the Operators Manual pages đź‘Ť

Got it all working, unplugged the hedge cutter to get the loader going.
ASC out, Draft mode selected, lift in neutral & then to up position.

It worked for you , but I can't see what difference selecting draft versus position , would make to external service 🤔

Didn't have to select it if i remember!
I am thinking of the 5600 here , which had only 1 lift handle , same as a 5000 . Ford cab . An uncle had a 4100, bought 3 weeks later , with the same cab , and it had 2 lift handles , draft nearest seat and position on outside handle .

I am thinking of the 5600 here , which had only 1 lift handle , same as a 5000 . Ford cab . An uncle had a 4100, bought 3 weeks later , with the same cab , and it had 2 lift handles , draft nearest seat and position on outside handle .

The 66 here had one big lever for the lift and a small stub lever down by the floor for draft and position.
4600 at home had 2 levers for position and draft. Same as described, had to pull out the valve and then move the levers to the raised position to get the loader to work.

It seems that it would be more straightforward to land a jumbo jet, that to raise a loader in a Ford from this era.

Back