Ford/New Holland

I had a chance at a very clean 2wd Ford 7910 being traded in about fifteen years ago, the farmer was getting €3.5k for it as a trade in. I didn’t go for it as I thought a 4wd in that size was a better bet. Hindsight is a great thing, she’d be worth decent money today.

This is likely the 456th time this has been asked on every farming forum, but where would i look to get LED headlights for a T7.250, or just put a LED bulb in the standard holder?

This is likely the 456th time this has been asked on every farming forum, but where would i look to get LED headlights for a T7.250, or just put a LED bulb in the standard holder?
utvproducts seems to get a lot of good reviews for led lights so might be worth a look

Waste of time putting Led bulbs in standard holders the front glass is way to thick and there useless.
As drew posted utv have a good rep.

IMG_5486-1536x1152.jpg

Last edited:
Went and looked at that tractor last week, fairly disappointing, I was glad I wasn't after driving too far to see it, closer to its true value this time but probably still has to come back a couple of grand.
Do you mind me asking why you were disappointed ?
Just curious. I’ll be looking for 1 or 8560 in a few weeks.

23 years averaging only 190 odd hours a year if genuine... True about the price too.... plenty of them around locally with 12/15,000 hours and there still working away!

Fair play to you, must say its a brave move buying a tractor over the phone. I'd be afraid to buy a battery over the phone!
Here it is after finishing up ploughing for over a week on Sunday, it was the first bit of work it did, seems to have been a good buy so far at least. We did the head and had the injectors re conditioned as soon as we got it, gave the engine a service, changed axle/diff oils. The header tank was leaking after driving it back from the mechanics so I changed that too. After working it for a week I've found another one or two jobs, one spool cable needs replacing, the fan in the cab must be knackered and I'll now give the back end oil and filters a change. Engine running like a Swiss watch and very comfortable pulling the plough.

Attachments

• IMG_20201014_101139.jpg
    IMG_20201014_101139.jpg
    364 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
I have a 7840 non turbo,are these engines known for dropping valves like the 8360 etc ?
Just over 9000 hours on her now.
never heard of that. our 7840 approaching the 10k mark now and she spent the last 15 years on the diet feeder. thing is 7840 has a 6.6l engine. 60 series had a 7.5l engine and i have never come across any 7840 been screwed to the balls but ive seen plenty of 60 series though doing 50+hp more than what they were specced for

Last edited:
never heard of that. our 7840 approaching the 10k mark now and she spent the last 15 on the diet feeder. thing is 7840 has a 6.6l engine. 60 series had a 7.5l engine and i have never come across any 7840 been screwed to the balls but ive seen plenty of 60 series though doing 50+hp more than what they were specced for
Thanks just said I'd ask,better safe than sorry.I'm thinking of selling soon.

Reactions: c4l
Back