Ford/New Holland

The early ones (03-05) gave issues. From what I know it was the electric spools giving issues, gearbox heating up too much and something to do with the fueling. Someone can correct me there.
Later models were an improvement and seem to be a mighty tractor to have as long as it was spec'd with manual spools
Yeah that would sound about right. It was the packs and spools that used to give awful trouble, as I later found out from a friend who has a tm175 that it had something to do with the hydralic flow or something in the back end heating up buy if I do recall correctly one of them was an 04 model with the black stickers and the other was 07 or 08 with the blue stickers which both used to give trouble.

Well. Need to check my sanity. As if recent I heard of some young farmers boasting about how great their tm190 is but as I recall with a mate of mines 10 or 12 years ago it spent more time in bits around the shed than it did in the field. Any one else remember the tm190s this being this bad or just me.
Theres a contractor near me ran a 190 with manual spools mowing silage for a good few years had little trouble apparently. Another lad ran 1 with electric spools for a while and had endless trouble

If you had a 40k TM190 with mechanical spools, you had very little trouble. All models built in 06-07 were updated and improved.

early 50k units had a rework campaign which included a better oil cooler, if it was done it resolved most problems.

but some were definitely better than others, if you can find a good one, its a good unit.
Ah yep that would clear up alot of trouble. One of them did have a 45k or 50k box and I'm guessing it was the newer One, not too sure which one it was be honest it's been so long since I even thought of them. I'm assuming that's what caused it to give trouble even tho it was a later model.

Yep that's it the electric spools
Theres a contractor near me ran a 190 with manual spools mowing silage for a good few years had little trouble apparently. Another lad ran 1 with electric spools for a while and had endless trouble
Yep that's it. The new one had the elctric spools, I think the old one was manual tho but it must have been the cooler that caused it to give trouble.

That stainless straight pipe looks so wrong .
Front wheels are wrong too. Though 9.00 x 16s might look well , they arent right . 7.50 x 18s. Possibly similar to rocking horse shite now ?
i,ve a 7,50 x 18 here , i hope you,re right about them being rare :phone:

Hi lads just looking for a few opinions, has anyone got any experience with a t6090? Are they a good tractor, I'm thinking of buying something along the lines of 6080 or 6090 or possibly 7030 or 7040 they seem fairly well priced aswell, the heaviest jobs id be doing is mowing silage and pulling a 10 pack bale handler, the odd bit of trailer work and tanker work, anything to look out for with either of these models good and bad points

Hi lads just looking for a few opinions, has anyone got any experience with a t6090? Are they a good tractor, I'm thinking of buying something along the lines of 6080 or 6090 or possibly 7030 or 7040 they seem fairly well priced aswell, the heaviest jobs id be doing is mowing silage and pulling a 10 pack bale handler, the odd bit of trailer work and tanker work, anything to look out for with either of these models good and bad points
@tractorted has a couple hrs on a 6070 at this stage

@Claas Grass has a 6090 I think.
Ya 6090 here just coming on 2 years, bought with 4500hrs in England, 6600hrs now. Been a good tractor so far, no complaints, when I bought it I did the, brakes, 50k bearing, cab mounts, prop shaft bearing, and added a grease nipple to the housing. Other than regular servicing all it's needed since is a intercooler pipe, I'm a NH man so I like it from a driver point of view, my biggest gripe would be 19th gear is pretty gutless on the road and front suspension needs to have a weight on the front to work properly. Mine is the classic spec, manual spools etc, that's the model I'd be looking for and it's up to preference whether you go RC or PC.

Ya 6090 here just coming on 2 years, bought with 4500hrs in England, 6600hrs now. Been a good tractor so far, no complaints, when I bought it I did the, brakes, 50k bearing, cab mounts, prop shaft bearing, and added a grease nipple to the housing. Other than regular servicing all it's needed since is a intercooler pipe, I'm a NH man so I like it from a driver point of view, my biggest gripe would be 19th gear is pretty gutless on the road and front suspension needs to have a weight on the front to work properly. Mine is the classic spec, manual spools etc, that's the model I'd be looking for and it's up to preference whether you go RC or PC.
Thanks for the reply @Claas Grass my preference would be classic spec with RC, theres is a couple of nice sidewinder PC 6090s about, but I'm not so sure about those electric spools I hear they can give alot of bother and are expensive to fix, what kind of work are you doing with the tractor mainly?

Thanks for the reply @Claas Grass my preference would be classic spec with RC, theres is a couple of nice sidewinder PC 6090s about, but I'm not so sure about those electric spools I hear they can give alot of bother and are expensive to fix, what kind of work are you doing with the tractor mainly?
6090 only came in PC, it seemed to be speced highly so often is a sidewinder that comes for sale, I gave a while waiting for a classic spec. The next one I'll buy will either be a T6080 RC or T7050, the T6 are a much tidier tractor though, T7 are a much bigger lump. Mine gives most of it's time zero grazing, pulls a 2300 gallon tank, tri axle low loader and a 5f plough.

Absolute madness considering a much tidier origional one came up for sale last week for only 1000 more. Jeanie, I always thought david brown was the only company back then to offer an 1000 speed pto on their tractors.

And IH with the 74 series I'm nearly sure.

6090 only came in PC, it seemed to be speced highly so often is a sidewinder that comes for sale, I gave a while waiting for a classic spec. The next one I'll buy will either be a T6080 RC or T7050, the T6 are a much tidier tractor though, T7 are a much bigger lump. Mine gives most of it's time zero grazing, pulls a 2300 gallon tank, tri axle low loader and a 5f plough.
Power command is a nice gearbox but I've heard so many horror stories its nearly put me off them I've heard of 2 guys spending up to 15k on them, I drove a t7030 on and off a few years back and I have to say it was an awesome tractor to pull had it on a 5f kverneland, what kind of zero grazer are you using one of them is on the cards for me aswell I'm looking at them at the moment, theres only one man near me that does it on hire and he literally can't get around to everyone when he's supposed to, but I am very sceptical about it because they seem to be very troublesome from what I hear

Absolute madness considering a much tidier origional one came up for sale last week for only 1000 more. Jeanie, I always thought david brown was the only company back then to offer an 1000 speed pto on their tractors.
A lot of Zetors had 540 and 1000 PTOs on them. The crystals were launched in 1969 and they had them as standard. I don’t know when they came in on the smaller ones. Our 5911 has both (1979) but the 2011 (early 60s) has 540 only but that may be a size thing as it’s only 25 odd horsepower and 2 cylinder

A lot of Zetors had 540 and 1000 PTOs on them. The crystals were launched in 1969 and they had them as standard. I don’t know when they came in on the smaller ones. Our 5911 has both (1979) but the 2011 (early 60s) has 540 only but that may be a size thing as it’s only 25 odd horsepower and 2 cylinder
The crystals seemed to be revolutionary for their time but when I ask anyone about them they never seem to have anything good to say about them. Even heard that when our local parts man started contracting he had a heap of zetors and they were so bad that he sold them all and bought a heap of mf 65s and 35s instead.

The crystals seemed to be revolutionary for their time but when I ask anyone about them they never seem to have anything good to say about them. Even heard that when our local parts man started contracting he had a heap of zetors and they were so bad that he sold them all and bought a heap of mf 65s and 35s instead.
Anyone that had them either loves them or hates them, there’s no in between really. We have 2 crystals (well Ursus equivalents) and 2 smaller Zetors here. I go through phases of loving and hating them, and that can change in the space of a few minutes. But for the most part they’re good workhorses for us anyway

Anyone that had them either loves them or hates them, there’s no in between really. We have 2 crystals (well Ursus equivalents) and 2 smaller Zetors here. I go through phases of loving and hating them, and that can change in the space of a few minutes. But for the most part they’re good workhorses for us anyway
Heard that. My uncle said he used to run an ursus c385 pulling a Hitachi ex60 -1 and had no complaints on it other than the gearbox. I personally wouldn't mind an old crystal they seem to be a nice comfortable looking tractor.

Power command is a nice gearbox but I've heard so many horror stories its nearly put me off them I've heard of 2 guys spending up to 15k on them, I drove a t7030 on and off a few years back and I have to say it was an awesome tractor to pull had it on a 5f kverneland, what kind of zero grazer are you using one of them is on the cards for me aswell I'm looking at them at the moment, theres only one man near me that does it on hire and he literally can't get around to everyone when he's supposed to, but I am very sceptical about it because they seem to be very troublesome from what I hear
PC is better able for higher HP apparently, all down to how you drive the tractor or any other piece of machinery for that matter I reckon. The same as the zero grazer, everyone was telling me they are a heap of shit and won't last, I've done more with my (ZG80) than a lot of lads, up to 18 loads a day at the busiest times and I've had little bother in 3 years, I know lads who haven't half the work done and have theirs wrecked. Don't know would I reccommend going out on hire though unless you want to be absolutely married to a machine.

PC is better able for higher HP apparently, all down to how you drive the tractor or any other piece of machinery for that matter I reckon. The same as the zero grazer, everyone was telling me they are a heap of shit and won't last, I've done more with my (ZG80) than a lot of lads, up to 18 loads a day at the busiest times and I've had little bother in 3 years, I know lads who haven't half the work done and have theirs wrecked. Don't know would I reccommend going out on hire though unless you want to be absolutely married to a

PC is better able for higher HP apparently, all down to how you drive the tractor or any other piece of machinery for that matter I reckon. The same as the zero grazer, everyone was telling me they are a heap of shit and won't last, I've done more with my (ZG80) than a lot of lads, up to 18 loads a day at the busiest times and I've had little bother in 3 years, I know lads who haven't half the work done and have theirs wrecked. Don't know would I reccommend going out on hire though unless you want to be absolutely married to a machine.
I know what you mean, I have a tractor parked from now up until next may till the silage starts again and it was just something that I thought might fill a gap for the next few months without upsetting any of the other contractors in my area, the most of my work is from the start of May until around the end of November and I suppose you would always be trying to think of other ways to keep the thing ticking over

Back