Ford/New Holland

What's people's opinions on a TS100A the hardest job here would be the one pass but would be mostly mowing / tedding and baling work. They seem a nice tidy tractor and would probably suit 90% of what I would have to do.
I think they were 2 valve heads and mechanical injection, a 110 had 4 valve heads, electronic injection and a bit of power boost with the PTO engaged. A 110 might actually punch above a 115 on the PTO.

I think they were 2 valve heads and mechanical injection, a 110 had 4 valve heads, electronic injection and a bit of power boost with the PTO engaged. A 110 might actually punch above a 115 on the PTO.

Correct, the 115 and 100 were 2 valve engines. @humungus has a 110 so he might be able to comment more

when you get into the TSAs isnt there potential for relatively big differences between the specs? I remember reading an article in Profi about them years back and my head was spinning from the different permutations. so a top spec TSA 100 could be a much more capable beast than the base one?
Could be this one from the 6/2012 issue although there was a more recent T6 article in the 4/2020 magazine but it doesn't cover the TS-A

Reactions: Vry
Asked someone in the know a similar question recently and was told it would work with a one pass but not ideal. With an older one pass, the 115A would be fine.

There is someone on here running a one pass and box drill on a MXU 100 and they had commented it was marginal. Some of the lads from Tipp, may have been @scottie
It was I, 3m kuhn with a fiona drill, worked the finest as longg as you didnt dog it, have upgraded hp since but would still get me out of trouble if i was stuck.

Correct, the 115 and 100 were 2 valve engines. @humungus has a 110 so he might be able to comment more
my 110 tsa has mechanical injection and manual lift controls but billy deane has a 110 with electronic injection and lift controls , some had basic hydraulic pumps like mine while others had much faster hydraulics so they varied a lot in spec really, either way i,d say they would never be more than adequate on a one pass with the short wheel base but i,ve never had anything like that on mine as its mostly loader work she does

my 110 tsa has mechanical injection and manual lift controls but billy deane has a 110 with electronic injection and lift controls , some had basic hydraulic pumps like mine while others had much faster hydraulics so they varied a lot in spec really, either way i,d say they would never be more than adequate on a one pass with the short wheel base but i,ve never had anything like that on mine as its mostly loader work she does

Does your one have the low roof? It is really Delta spec then? The short wheelbase would concern me too but It's probably not much shorter than a 7810 which I think Vry uses.

I use a NH 7840 on the one pass at the moment it does it fine but push it on and you will find its limits. The one I'm looking at has mech fuel pump, cab suspension, electro shift box and electro link hydraulics. The one pass work is not much anyway 40/50 acres and 10/20 reseeding. The ts115a is a bigger beast and would just not be as sweet as the 4 cyl I think.

So....who here is a fan of the blue? :001_smile:

I would have a soft spot for the 10 series (7810), 40 series and Ts. (115)
On the longer wheelbase models, the 60 and TM series :thumbup1:

Not much interest in the older ones or the newer ones :001_rolleyes:
Any one no bout 6410 4wd just bought one not sure is 4wd working there no noise when press the switch no light on it brake light fuse is good as is the dp fuse is there any other fuse beside the ones under the clutch

I use a NH 7840 on the one pass at the moment it does it fine but push it on and you will find its limits. The one I'm looking at has mech fuel pump, cab suspension, electro shift box and electro link hydraulics. The one pass work is not much anyway 40/50 acres and 10/20 reseeding. The ts115a is a bigger beast and would just not be as sweet as the 4 cyl I think.
Plus model i'd go for then but I reckon you would miss the 2 extra cylinders going from 6 to 4. Ts115a isn't that much bigger wheelbase wise compared to a 7840 I would have thought

Any one no bout 6410 4wd just bought one not sure is 4wd working there no noise when press the switch no light on it brake light fuse is good as is the dp fuse is there any other fuse beside the ones under the clutch

Go onto loose gravel or wet grass and stomp on the brakes to lock the wheels. If a front locks up too then you have 4wd

So....who here is a fan of the blue? :001_smile:

I would have a soft spot for the 10 series (7810), 40 series and Ts. (115)
On the longer wheelbase models, the 60 and TM series :thumbup1:

Not much interest in the older ones or the newer ones :001_rolleyes:

Go onto loose gravel or wet grass and stomp on the brakes to lock the wheels. If a front locks up too then you have 4wd
Tired dat they did not seem to lock up

I'd Start by supplying 12v direct to solenoid. It needs power to disengage the 4 wheel drive.
Okay thanks but where is the solenoid located and wat way wud I go bout getting 12 volts to it as i said the switch don't seem to Ave no light come on in it the tractor is new to me

I have an older 7610 with a ZF as opposed to carraro 4wd axle, but I think the principles are all the same.

underneath the gearbox is a drop box that drives the prop shaft. that unit will have a cable going into it. with the tractor off get in undeneath and put your head right against that. have someone turn on and off the ignition with the stopper pulled out. the solenoid should click when the ignition is turned on, it should click again when the switch is switched on and off.

the 4wd is engaged by a sprung clutch in the drop box. the solenoid allows oil to flow into a cylinder that holds that clutch open. there is normally a bit of drag in the clutch so with the tractor off the ground the front wheels will turn even in 2wd.

The solenoid is located on the 4wd drop box underneath the back axle. You should see a single wire running into it. When the 4wd is off there should be 12v at the wire. You can check it using a multimeter or a test light. If there is 12v there, could be an issue with the solenoid or the oil pressure supply

I have an older 7610 with a ZF as opposed to carraro 4wd axle, but I think the principles are all the same.

underneath the gearbox is a drop box that drives the prop shaft. that unit will have a cable going into it. with the tractor off get in undeneath and put your head right against that. have someone turn on and off the ignition with the stopper pulled out. the solenoid should click when the ignition is turned on, it should click again when the switch is switched on and off.

the 4wd is engaged by a sprung clutch in the drop box. the solenoid allows oil to flow into a cylinder that holds that clutch open. there is normally a bit of drag in the clutch so with the tractor off the ground the front wheels will turn even in 2wd.
Thanks very much for ur reply will try

The solenoid is located on the 4wd drop box underneath the back axle. You should see a single wire running into it. When the 4wd is off there should be 12v at the wire. You can check it using a multimeter or a test light. If there is 12v there, could be an issue with the solenoid or the oil pressure supply
Thanks for info

Were shud the wire be cant see it

Attachments

• 16207434465502001278179817350860.jpg
    16207434465502001278179817350860.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 16207436294358119176378592893502.jpg
    16207436294358119176378592893502.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 45
top right hand corner of second pick beside the pipe fitting. to get at the spade connector you may need to remove the square plate cover secured by 4 bolts

Back