Ford/New Holland

I hate the led stuff, very white light. Have a few work lights fitted and the only thing I notice is the none Led on the back of our valmet is far easier to see stuff with and has a far better spread of light, there is led one side and normal the other so a fair comparison. I have yet to see a Led that does have a wicked bright light.

Have a friend looking for new headlamps for a 40 series as the old ones are shook
I suppose there are three options , replace with the same again, replace with same but with Led bulbs or replace with Led Lamp from the likes of UTV
Anyone have any advice?
I’ve been thinking of changing the 40 series headlamps here for replacement LED lamps ever since I changed the sealed beam units on the 262 for LEDs. Now the sealed beam units were never wonderful but neither are the 6640 lamps. Has he priced new 40 series LED lamps yet?

I’ve been thinking of changing the 40 series headlamps here for replacement LED lamps ever since I changed the sealed beam units on the 262 for LEDs. Now the sealed beam units were never wonderful but neither are the 6640 lamps. Has he priced new 40 series LED lamps yet?
No, he has asked me to look into it. The UTV option are around €220 plus vat a pair I think.

Have a friend looking for new headlamps for a 40 series as the old ones are shook
I suppose there are three options , replace with the same again, replace with same but with Led bulbs or replace with Led Lamp from the likes of UTV
Anyone have any advice?
I replaced a pair with the same as original replacements for about 20 plus vat. They were good enough the last 25 years. I think LEDs are awful bright for head lights. More suitable for work lights, just my opinion.

I replaced a pair with the same as original replacements for about 20 plus vat. They were good enough the last 25 years. I think LEDs are awful bright for head lights. More suitable for work lights, just my opinion.
I think you and @william86 might be right tbh, this tractor would be on the road a lot and the last thing we want is for him to be dazzling oncoming traffic
I think a pair of originals is the best plan, with good quality bulbs

Im still debating putting them on the tm after the led worklights I put on. Only thing that's stopping me is how shallow the pockets are and I came against a tractor once with them on, the dips would nearly blind ya. Have driven a tractor with them on it and they are some job though. If there's a way to dim them slightly I would be all for them but from a user perspective, I'm leaning toward them

I think you and @william86 might be right tbh, this tractor would be on the road a lot and the last thing we want is for him to be dazzling oncoming traffic

In some ways you are probably right , and I thought the same when he started chopping.
But, the low beams are soft enough . Lie 25 % of the fulls , but still as good as normal bulbs .

If the current ones are bad and reflectors are damaged a new pair of originals will make a big difference. Won't break the bank either.
They won't be as bright as LEDs though obviously.

It doesn’t really matter because the tractors aren’t tested.

But, i’d have my doubts that the high output LED lights for headlights are even legal. During car NCT/MOT headlights are measured for angle and intensity. I’ve noticed in the last few months that a lot of LED upgrades on tractors are great for the driver, but makes life incredibly hard for other road users, the glare off them alone when used on the road would almost make you pull over, let alone try and judge passing them on a tight road.

I think decent quality Halogens for road work, LED’s for field lights

It doesn’t really matter because the tractors aren’t tested.

But, i’d have my doubts that the high output LED lights for headlights are even legal. During car NCT/MOT headlights are measured for angle and intensity. I’ve noticed in the last few months that a lot of LED upgrades on tractors are great for the driver, but makes life incredibly hard for other road users, the glare off them alone when used on the road would almost make you pull over, let alone try and judge passing them on a tight road.

I think decent quality Halogens for road work, LED’s for field lights
You can buy two types of LED dipped/main beam light, the cheaper version is really full illumination for the driver and a few less LEDs for dipped beam. The expensive LEDs are road legal but not as bright as they’re more controlled I believe.

The TM to replace the 8340. Range command, front and cab suspension. I havent seen many that age with front suspension. She need a few bits to get her to standard i want but overall seems a good tractor.

Attachments

• 20211211_145259.jpg
    20211211_145259.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 109
  • 20211211_145234.jpg
    20211211_145234.jpg
    296 KB · Views: 111
  • 20211211_145225.jpg
    20211211_145225.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 108
The TM to replace the 8340. Range command, front and cab suspension. I havent seen many that age with front suspension. She need a few bits to get her to standard i want but overall seems a good tractor.
Nice looking bus, well wear

Back