Ford/New Holland

interesting how little price difference there appears to be between the pre 96 Ford 7840 and the blue roofed version which replaced it ?

the pre 96 ones gave bother with the SLE , had those problems myself back in the day , fixable but costly

Was in Majorca for a week back in 2017 ( last foreign holiday ) and its was a fairly rural area on the east of the island , interesting seeing all of the cabless tractors working in the fields while driving past , obviously an entirely different climate

Anyone have a suggestion on a toplink for a 7840 either conventional or hydraulic. Max weight carrying approx 1.5T
I don't trust the thread on my original one anymore.

Anyone have a suggestion on a toplink for a 7840 either conventional or hydraulic. Max weight carrying approx 1.5T
I don't trust the thread on my original one anymore.
usually i would say either genuine, but if looking for the hook, maybe up to what a tm or 60 series would use. hydraulic wise, we have a sparex top link. granted it hasnt been used much due us mainly using it on the tm and that be used for trailer work, when we had it on the plough and it worked somewhat well. was able to adjust the top link length on the fly but its main downside on the tm was its length. wasnt long enough when ploughing. didnt even have an quarter of an inch of play in the sliding slot on the plough but it be plenty long on a 40 series as the link arms are shorter on them compared to a tm. great for the fert spinner we think as well. obviously the main issue is it takes up a spool so if you only have 2 spools on the 7840, i'd be slow getting a hydraulic. another couple gripes is also adjusting the length when out of the cab but that cant be helped and the handle thats used to hold up the top link when not in use gets caught on the pipes but maybe thats improved by being half inch wider on newer ones
i will have a look tomorrow to see the dimensions of our top link are

Last edited:
The brochure was not specific to the 6410. It was 5610 to 7610. E bay would be your best bet.

I have 2 versions any way. But not for sale. I have the 3910 and 4610 series 2 and TW series 2 brochure also.

A bit of a pipe dream for me I'd to get a cabless 78 and put an ap cab on like the original prototype!

You wouldn't be alone there but with a crash box as well!
I have 2 versions any way. But not for sale. I have the 3910 and 4610 series 2 and TW series 2 brochure also.

I've got 2 single sheets and 2 multiple page brochures for the Gen III from 5610 to 7610.

6610 on the double!?
had to get the luxury of a super q!
Tell me that you had to unload a few bales somewhere , and the tractor was a back load ?

This is coming from a man who leaves the loader on the tractor year round , but drop the implement for road trips .
Same here the loader has only came off once in the 8 years its been on the tractor. i would regularly take off the forks but it was only a ten minute spin to collect it and had throw out a bale afterwards. no quick attach so its not a drop and go job either to get it off!

had to get the luxury of a super q!

Same here the loader has only came off once in the 8 years its been on the tractor. i would regularly take off the forks but it was only a ten minute spin to collect it and had throw out a bale afterwards. no quick attach so its not a drop and go job either to get it off!

Be interesting to see how the 2 compare!!

dad is thinking about fitting a pto button onto the mudguard for the tm. im wondering, where the wires are for the lights, there's the female end for a plug there. whats that for?

dad is thinking about fitting a pto button onto the mudguard for the tm. im wondering, where the wires are for the lights, there's the female end for a plug there. whats that for?
Just a question can a Pto switch be fitted on an 8360,8560 .on the mudguard

Last edited:
Back