Ford/New Holland

All on the right on the Zetor 10641 here . The joystick is mounted off the seat base , which is ideal . Elbow stays on the armrest . Red knob is backwards /forwards. I've often changed direction using left hand , using loader controls with right hand , and it's not hard to do .

Joystick up beside dash or front window is the work of the devil .

View attachment 101548
This is where I mounted the joystick in the TLA, any further forward and it's to far away. @c4l is that as high as yours? 20220112_195705.jpg20220112_195627.jpg

I think the stoll/nh mount for them is a flat plate that bolts down along the front of the mudguard, but it feels like a slight reach out to it
The mudguard is where they mount them on the TL but I didn't want to drill holes in the mudguard and it is a bit of a reach

Is there much movement in the bracket itself as in is the joystick mounted fairly solidly?
No movement at all, I went overboard on the size of steel and used angle iron for the bar coming down to make it more rigid. I still have to weld it where I cut it to bend it out.

Here is the set up in the old bus here
Cant claim any credit because it was on it when I got her, but its a nice location for it IMO
I wouldnt be surprised if the bracket came from Quicke
That's a tidy location to be fair.

This is where the joystick is mounted in the 6635. Probably the best location for it given all of the other levers. The only other option would be to mount it to the seat base and move the cables but I don't think I'll bother for all the extra advantage it would give. Once I put the new seat in the armrest will make it a lot more comfortable.

Attachments

• PXL_20220113_093553316.jpg
    PXL_20220113_093553316.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 77
That's a tidy location to be fair.

This is where the joystick is mounted in the 6635. Probably the best location for it given all of the other levers. The only other option would be to mount it to the seat base and move the cables but I don't think I'll bother for all the extra advantage it would give. Once I put the new seat in the armrest will make it a lot more comfortable.
It's unlikely that you will find another place to put it other than where I put it. I tried every position I could think of and something would always be in the way. It might be possible but you would need a bracket with a lot of different angles in it.

I know a lot of higher spec tractors now use their own joysticks etc, but you would think every new tractor that doesnt should have a mounting point in place

I know a lot of higher spec tractors now use their own joysticks etc, but you would think every tractor that doesnt should have a mounting point in place
Came across a t6 once, joystick was mounted on the seat itself so when you swiveled the seat, joystick turned with the seat as well

I know a lot of higher spec tractors now use their own joysticks etc, but you would think every new tractor that doesnt should have a mounting point in place
I think a lot of the smaller tractors that are likely to get a loader have a dedicated position for them from the factory. Even the 10 series deeres actually have a spot on the front corner of the right hand console where their own joystick can be fitted but it’s rare it’s ever done.
Came across a t6 once, joystick was mounted on the seat itself so when you swiveled the seat, joystick turned with the seat as well
The one here is set up like that, bracket goes between the seat base and sliding rail, you can let it up or down with a big thumb screw on the side. It’s a deadly job as the joystick moves with you no matter what sort of ground your on. The only time your arm moves is when you are working it,

TBH I don't think I have ever used it.

same here. need to swivel the seat to actually use it but for the times i have driven any of those tractors with that cab, never really any need to swivel the seat for the jobs i was at. only time i swivel the seat is for mowing, baling and ploughing

Here is the set up in the old bus here
Cant claim any credit because it was on it when I got her, but its a nice location for it IMO
I wouldnt be surprised if the bracket came from Quicke

Rare enough 7840 there, Dual Power but no clutchless button on the shuttle

Back