Formula One

Perez definitely worth a win. But Russell raced hard and was very unlucky not to do better. I was disappointed at start when leclerc and verstappen went out as it could ve been a right battle at the front. Russells deserves to be fighting at the front and even after the tyre f up , he kept charging through

Russell is probably going to be disqualified now due to mixing tyres between the two Merc cars to make his day even worse.

Russell could be an excellent driver but today exposed Bottas badly and really drives home the point that having the best machinery is all that matters.
I bet half the field could have won the championship in those Mercs going back to 2014

Russell is probably going to be disqualified now due to mixing tyres between the two Merc cars to make his day even worse.

Russell could be an excellent driver but today exposed Bottas badly and really drives home the point that having the best machinery is all that matters.
I bet half the field could have won the championship in those Mercs going back to 2014
Dead right there, the Merc is still far ahead of the other cars.
I sometimes wonder do the team reserve all the bad luck for anyone other than Hamilton. How often has Bottas had things go wrong while Hamilton heads off to a chequered flag. Then today they f***ed up both cars when Ham was off.

Merc have a huge advantage this season with their steering system, as I understand it Russell was brought in to show that it's not entirely the car but also the driver in the right hands as there are negotiations going on with Hamilton, also on mercedes mind today was to have Bottas finish ahead of Verstappen to consolidate 2nd in the championship

Merc have a huge advantage this season with their steering system, as I understand it Russell was brought in to show that it's not entirely the car but also the driver in the right hands as there are negotiations going on with Hamilton, also on mercedes mind today was to have Bottas finish ahead of Verstappen to consolidate 2nd in the championship
Mercedes were long over due a f up . Ferrari seem to be king of f up last few years but mercedes have been due a few mistakes for sure. Hamilton is good in a great car. Shame he isn't brave enough to take on a lesser car. Russell proved today that there is more than just the car and it was nice to see.

I sometimes wonder do the team reserve all the bad luck for anyone other than Hamilton. How often has Bottas had things go wrong while Hamilton heads off to a chequered flag. Then today they f***ed up both cars when Ham was off.
If they put Russell and Perez in the merc next year they would get as many points per race as this year easy.

I don't think Hamilton has had a mechanical failure in a race since Austria 2018, he had one in Germany 2018 qualifying and nothing since. Ferrari were able to do something similar when Schumacher and Barrichello were racing there, Schumi's car was bullet proof but Rubens definitely wasn't

I just wonder as I haven't really watched f1 since the early 00s is part of the reason that Schumacher, Hamilton and other top drivers have so little break downs is that they are easier on the cars could only be factional but considering how fine tuned this machines are it must make a big difference

That was a brilliant race, poor Russell, but he has shown that he is a brilliant racer he is. Great to see Perez winning his first race. Pity every race weekend isn't this good

Can only agree with that. Yes Hamilton is a good driver but as seen there yesterday "your" only as Good as the car. It was a shame that the team managed to make a complete arse of the pit stops to ensure a green rookie didn't win in his first outing in a 95 world title winning drivers car.... and beat their other driver as well.... Aye real shame that but hey I expect the young lad was trying to hard and didn't understand the radio properly..... Tsssssk... The exuberance of youth..... Wasted on the young... 😂😂😂

Can only agree with that. Yes Hamilton is a good driver but as seen there yesterday "your" only as Good as the car. It was a shame that the team managed to make a complete arse of the pit stops to ensure a green rookie didn't win in his first outing in a 95 world title winning drivers car.... and beat their other driver as well.... Aye real shame that but hey I expect the young lad was trying to hard and didn't understand the radio properly..... Tsssssk... The exuberance of youth..... Wasted on the young... 😂😂😂
Russell drove extremely well, Hamilton would not want him as a team mate, when it was becoming obvious he was about to win things started to go wrong.

Last edited:
Russell drove extremely well, Hamilton would not want him as a team mate, when it was becoming obvious he was about to win things started to wrong.
Some cockup by Mercedes alright, would have looked even worse for them if Verstappen hadn't crashed out.

Do each of the drivers have some separate members of the pit crew?
The pit crew is made up of a mixture of the mechanics from both sides of the garage. I have never seen a team mix tyres between drivers like that before and it is supposed to be a disqualification as per the rules

I just think, if I was working for Hamilton for the last few record breaking years I wouldn't be overly upset with the outcome.

nice to see checko getting a good car, i,d fancy red bull for the constructors championship next year with 2 good drivers
This post would be in the jokes section, If you said that 2 races ago. hard to see honda committing enough to beat merc though if they are leaving at end of season

This post would be in the jokes section, If you said that 2 races ago. hard to see honda committing enough to beat merc though if they are leaving at end of season
i think they will split the 2 mercs in enough races to give them a chance , i don,t think the car is good enough to beat hamilton but bottas is poor enough , mercedes won,t be developing their engines next year either

Back