Frost

Yes everything was killed off even white frosty patches on sheltered headlands.
Glyphosate has an uncanny way of killing everything that you don’t expect it to and even stuff that you hope it won’t.
I sprayed Mizr on stubbles last month and even in perfectly calm conditions a small bit drifted through a gateway into WB that I was being super careful to avoid, even dropping pressure to one bar on that headland. Didn’t kill much but shows what’s really happening on the ground.

yea I sprayed off nearly all my stubble in the early days of the year. Mine was quiet damp but chanced it. All seems to be dying off grand. Very slowly but surely. Even one field that got a light shower of rain while I was folding up the sprayer still died off

Is there much beet out there still to be pulled? I haven’t been a mile from the yard in ages. Have 10 acres still in the ground and know of a fella with 60+ still to pull. Land was very wet then the frost came.

Is there much beet out there still to be pulled? I haven’t been a mile from the yard in ages. Have 10 acres still in the ground and know of a fella with 60+ still to pull. Land was very wet then the frost came.
Over 80 acres near me here in Galway, cannot see conditions being okay to pull it anytime soon

Iv 7 acres of ley with a crop of silage on it to burn off/cut I don’t know 🤷🏻‍♂️ It’s going into spring barley, not my own just doing it for another man, what’s the best approach spray then cut a few days later ? Or cut snd wait to go green and spray

Iv 7 acres of ley with a crop of silage on it to burn off/cut I don’t know 🤷🏻‍♂️ It’s going into spring barley, not my own just doing it for another man, what’s the best approach spray then cut a few days later ? Or cut snd wait to go green and spray

Latter in my view given the time of the year

Thursday night is supposed to be the last really cold night. After that looks to warm up nicely but looks wet except for Friday, safe enough to apply trace elements + terpal Friday ?

Back