GAA

Went to Croker yesterday for the 1/4 finals .
Haven't been there in 10 years + I'm really only a fairweather fan but I have a few young players that wanted to go.
Great match between Armagh and Galway. Mayo v Kerry was middling, Kerry never under pressure.
Good day out overall despite it raining about 10 times.
Four sets of fans, all mixed through other, Armagh having the biggest support. Kerry the fewest.
20220626_150436.jpg
20220626_172429.jpg

71,000 odd attendance.
€30 for adults €5 for children
Well organised, loads of stewards, security, Guards.
This eldery man was struggling to climb a long run of steps, in a shot a Stewart appeared and helped him all the way out .
20220626_173040.jpg

Not a bad little Country.

I think Dublin will take it back after a year off, Kerry are quite poor at midfield and down their spine at the back.

I'd like to see Galway do it though

I can think of at least a hundred and sixty thousand who are delighted to see the back of him.

One of my non native brother in law's asked who people were shouting for on our family WhatsApp group last Sunday and I said that if Kilkenny were playing England I'd shout for England!

It wont make a huge difference there, Kilkenny lads who are anyway sporty are born with Hurley's and it's like a 3rd arm to them up to their 20s....

our " mothers and others " team getting ready to play at half time

during the senior ladies final in Croke Park tomorrow, 12 teams picked,see there's a cork team aswell
@mixed fleet ,I'd say if herself had a choice the blue and gold would reappear again.
the women knock right craic out of the football and will drop what there at, to go playing,no hope of of anything getting priority over it.....
View attachment 111188

our mother's and others had a brilliant day yesterday in croke Park,for the 10 mins they got playing it meant the world to them,herself was one of the 10 drawn out of a hat to play,there was a bit fuss made of it,blue light parade up the high street for the team and a big crowd out to see them and a massive party in priors last night
while they won absolutely nothing the excitement and memories that they got from it was unreal
it's a pity that the gaa doesn't give more opportunities even during other games to the weaker counties and clubs that will never have a chance of playing on the pitch.

hopefully our neighbours fermanagh will be lucky in the replay as they just ran out of time

the meath ladies would put any mens team to shame with their skills and speed of playing and it was a well deserved win

They probably wouldn't even take on Colm o Rourke as manager as they'd be too good.
Needless to say he never offered to do much for his home county or club here either if he was that interested in getting back into management

our mother's and others had a brilliant day yesterday in croke Park,for the 10 mins they got playing it meant the world to them,herself was one of the 10 drawn out of a hat to play,there was a bit fuss made of it,blue light parade up the high street for the team and a big crowd out to see them and a massive party in priors last night
while they won absolutely nothing the excitement and memories that they got from it was unreal
it's a pity that the gaa doesn't give more opportunities even during other games to the weaker counties and clubs that will never have a chance of playing on the pitch.

hopefully our neighbours fermanagh will be lucky in the replay as they just ran out of time

the meath ladies would put any mens team to shame with their skills and speed of playing and it was a well deserved win

They probably wouldn't even take on Colm o Rourke as manager as they'd be too good.
Needless to say he never offered to do much for his home county or club here either if he was that interested in getting back into management
It's the memories for players no matter whether they are adults or children. A few years back our county grounds were sacred. Only county games and club finals were allowed to be played. I was a delegate at underage a few years back, and along with your own club and a few more, we proposed that every underage final be played in the county grounds. It gives them a chance to experience it. It took a good few years for it to come to fruition - but for the last few years, that's what happens. It's the same with county players - no matter how good they are, they need to experience playing in Croke Park a few times in their lives.

there's a ladies football blitz on in portmarock today,110 teams competing,herself and a few gone in the car to it,few local teams playing, be some amount of cackling going on there when they start

Could and should be stamped out.

Any player that shows an ounce of disrespect to the ref gets sent off. Any official who does the same forfeits the game on behalf of the players. Send a strong message that kind of behaviour is unacceptable and then enforce it. after a couple of weeks no one would say a word to a referee.

I thought every ref in the country should have walked off the job this weekend like they did in Roscommon

Back