Tirlán (glanbia)

humungus

i,ve been thinking about this for a while so i said i,d stick it up here and see what others think, i reckon its time the suppliers formed their own grouping to get a fair price for our produce as in we negotiate directly with the management, now i know some will say we,d be talking to ourselves but our board representatives are obviously not up to the job and in one case looking after himself is his priority, we,re tied into msa conjob for 3 yrs and then we have to give 2 yrs notice so we would need to be ready to land 4000 notices of transfer on their door as soon as the 3yrs are up, maybe i,m way off the mark but i,ve never heard so many being critical of any company as i have of glanbia at the present time

I was at the Glanbia/Ifa meeting in Navan on thirsday night. At this stage there would be no problem getting a group together to leave asap. When I asked are we tied into the contract for the 5 years the lads at the top table had a mini discussion, saying we are planning on keeping our side of the agreement and we expect you too as well. Alot of anger out there towards Glanbia at the minute and dont be expecting any price increases any time soon

It does not matter if the price goes to 15 cent per litre Glanbia will still expect farmers to adhere to the agreemnt

It does not matter if the price goes to 15 cent per litre Glanbia will still expect farmers to adhere to the agreemnt

Pardon my ignorance lads, but was there not a contract signed?

What was the basis of the contract?

Was the price fixed for a term or was it just an agreement to produce milk for a given buyer regardless of the price paid?

]

Was the price fixed for a term or was it just an agreement to produce milk for a given buyer regardless of the price paid?

THe contract's only purpose was to try any secure a consistent supply of milk to the creamery..
Price was always subject to market conditions.
There was some vague commitment given to pay a "fair" price

][/COLOR]

THe contract's only purpose was to try any secure a consistent supply of milk to the creamery..
Price was always subject to market conditions.
There was some vague commitment given to pay a "fair" price

Repeatedly said the other night that glanbia will be top or there about in the milk league for 2015 , regardless of what price is now

Bergin also said that when farmers protested in july 2009-i think- that glanbia gave in and gave a cent rise, this had devastating consequences on glanbias profits and he wasnt going to let that happen again

You would wonder how the other processors and primarily the west cork coops manage to pay a far better price for the last few months? With a brand new free milk plant you would think that Glanbia should be a hell of a lot better. Lots of angry milk and grain lads around here.

the contract was signed to give them the milk with no mention of price, farmers signed up too easily and some of us that refused to sign were picked off one by one. at every meeting i attended the board were asked to guarantee the AVERAGE milk league price and every time they refused, its too late now to get out of that contract but now is the time to start negotiating the next contract and we start by giving notice to transfer at least we will turn the heat up on the board members. some of the grain growers on here will be interested to know that gain ration prices have dropped by 20 euro a ton in the last 3 yrs, i,m sure you know how much cereals have dropped in those 3 yrs and glanbia don,t sell to the world market as its all used at home

the contract was signed to give them the milk with no mention of price, farmers signed up too easily and some of us that refused to sign were picked off one by one. at every meeting i attended the board were asked to guarantee the AVERAGE milk league price and every time they refused, its too late now to get out of that contract but now is the time to start negotiating the next contract and we start by giving notice to transfer at least we will turn the heat up on the board members. some of the grain growers on here will be interested to know that gain ration prices have dropped by 20 euro a ton in the last 3 yrs, i,m sure you know how much cereals have dropped in those 3 yrs and glanbia don,t sell to the world market as its all used at home
that would mean waiting another 18 months before showing our intent of leaving, is there anything we can do in the mean time?

Why should we have to leave. We should get fair play so we can stay.

Its supposed to be our co op after all.

Its supposed to be our co op after all.[/QUOT

SUPPOSED TO BE

These contracts were no way in the farmers intrest
Glanbia are well able to pay there CEO a couple of million a year????

and it is not just glanbia most (farmer owned ) ????? co-ops are no different , they just want milk as cheap as possible, and pay their management wether they perform or not

Is the Base price really a good way of comparing processors? The West Cork Co ops work on a higher fat and protein % for their Base, and different processors give different prices for fat and protein over the Base.
We got almost 31 cent for last month and we wouldn't have massive solids.

Still, It's not a good price and I think the last price drop looks really bad for Glanbia.

Is the Base price really a good way of comparing processors? The West Cork Co ops work on a higher fat and protein % for their Base, and different processors give different prices for fat and protein over the Base.

Still, It's not a good price and I think the last price drop looks really bad for Glanbia.

one guy did say that a table was done on a 3.3% pr and 3.6% bf basis of all creameries in doing this glanbia only dropped 1 or 2 places.

What is the base price?

The table in the journal shows the price per kg of protien plus per kg of fat plus the minus c .

The glanbia price will be at the bottom. Next month no matter what way you calculate it.

The cent top up is a flat cent. Which means your losing more than a cent with high solids.

Id prefer not to move if i could. Also what co op will be able to take large numbers.

Arrabawn will collect here if i want to move. But down in the south east what options are there other than strathroy. How many more could they take??

Why should we have to leave. We should get fair play so we can stay.

Its supposed to be our co op after all.

yes we should get fair play , we are not , so do we just lie back and take it ? what happens if price drops again next month as there are no indicators out there that it will rise

remember 24 cent includes vat which the state pays, glanbia pay bottom price and have no intention of changing until they are forced to, its not only price its the clongoweswoodgate affair,:fighting: one rule for the little fella another rule for the board member

remember 24 cent includes vat which the state pays, glanbia pay bottom price and have no intention of changing until they are forced to, its not only price its the clongoweswoodgate affair,:fighting: one rule for the little fella another rule for the board member

All the board are gone to the states for a week since yesterday

that would mean waiting another 18 months before showing our intent of leaving, is there anything we can do in the mean time?

there are some things i,d reckon but i,d prefer to say nothing here, remember we,re up against a very big company with a big P.R budget

and it is not just glanbia most (farmer owned ) ????? co-ops are no different , they just want milk as cheap as possible, and pay their management wether they perform or not

I dont think that's entirely fair. There's a big difference between the co-ops who are there to serve their supplier members and the PLCs who are there to serve their shareholders

Back