Go electric

In the time I've had the car and the journeys I've done the stop/start has kicked in very few times. I sit at lights and junctions in gear with the clutch and footbrake applied. Stop/start only works when you're in neutral and the clutch up. There's a host of things that will disable it too, one being cabin temperature a way off climate control setting. It's also saved me a couple of times when I caught the warring gear and stalled it.
I've had 2 Passats with electric handbrake so no change there for me.
Works in ours when in gear anyway, although pressing the clutch only lightly can keep the car running

It’s the second thing I do when I sit into the car after starting it, it’s an automatic reflex at this stage!
I changed the jeep last summer and it drove me mad,would forget to turn it half the time,so after 2/3 weeks i made enquiries and i was able to buy a little electric loom which turned it off everytime you started ot and if you wanted it on you turn it on,was only about €30

Another feature I am not a fan of in modern cars is auto start/stop, its annoying, and actually dangerous at times as it creates a delay in getting away at a junction.
I know it can be turned off , but I wish it would stay off!
The sense of fear that grips you when the auto stop come on from spending years driving bad yokes that if they cut out in traffic, you only had to get out and shove

The sense of fear that grips you when the auto stop come on from spending years driving bad yokes that if they cut out in traffic, you only had to get out and shove
That's exactly it. I dont think I'll ever get past it, my first fiesta was a hail Mary girl, you said a decade of the rosary every time you sat into it because if it didn't start first time then only God could help you. When a yoke would be started in the yard here the father would curse if he heard it stop, presuming something must be amiss

I opened the bonnet on my daughters electric Toyota and as far as I can see it takes antifreeze . Brake fluid 12 volt battery a radiator and tubes pipes and cables going in all directions . It makes a big donkey of a diesel engine look simple .

When the battery gets a bit dead on stop start cars they stop doing it, mine is gone that once or twice over the winter I had that momentary uh oh feeling but it’s preventing the stop start so it can stay till it goes completely

I opened the bonnet on my daughters electric Toyota and as far as I can see it takes antifreeze . Brake fluid 12 volt battery a radiator and tubes pipes and cables going in all directions . It makes a big donkey of a diesel engine look simple .
6A04C3D2-29B2-428E-B214-0C5D65B4174A.jpeg

I thought electric would be simple but engineers got in the way .

going to ask maybe a silly question maybe.
was in with my spanner man and a contractor that I used to draw grass for years ago and we got chatting about electric cars, spanner man was off the opinion that you couldn't put a hitch on an electric car due to the big battery underneath , for the purpose of even using a small trailer for bringing in firewood or tax free northern coal or simply bringing the wheelie bins to a collection point.
none of us knew the answer,haven't seen one with a towbar either

was in with my spanner man and a contractor that I used to draw grass for years ago and we got chatting about electric cars, spanner man was off the opinion that you couldn't put a hitch on an electric car due to the big battery underneath , for the purpose of even using a small trailer for bringing in firewood or tax free northern coal or simply bringing the wheelie bins to a collection point.
I definitely have seen a Tesla with a hitch.

About 2 years ago near Tipperary town, it was pulling a dog box.

Not making it up.

Yes ,you can put a hitch on a Nissan leaf

Back