Good outdoor gear?

Irishfarminglad

Anyone have any recommendations? I got a regatta jacket at Christmas, both zip pockets already gone! Ideally looking for a jacket and waterproofs that don’t rip within a week!

Can definitely recommend surplas and outdoors

Gortex sallopettes. , Any thing ripstop will be grand, for general use MTP shorts and trousers will last forever, and they dry out as soon as it stops raining. And they deliver and it's fairly cheap, most of it is brand new you can of course get it cheaper of u choose to have "part worn*

Can definitely recommend surplas and outdoors

Gortex sallopettes. , Any thing ripstop will be grand, for general use MTP shorts and trousers will last forever, and they dry out as soon as it stops raining. And they deliver and it's fairly cheap, most of it is brand new you can of course get it cheaper of u choose to have "part worn*
Where's a good place to get those?

Where's a good place to get those?
Surplasandoutdoors mate, type that into Google their web site will come up ,it's in Kidderminster, they send stuff by post (obvs) if you can't find your sizes ring, most helpful bunch I'd say

How much was your jacket and trousers again?
A bloody fortune.
But the leggings are on their 3rd year and still 100%
And the coats are on their second winter and 100%!

Based on the rate I went through flexothane legings previously, I've actually paid the leggings off!

To be fair I haven't used army surplus, so can't comment.
But the Kaiwaka are farm friendly for sure.
Massive pockets (two teramycin bottles, a suringe and a spray can comfortable)
And rubber cuffs to stop the water and wind when ur on the quad bike.
And long enough to not show my arse crack, which is an achievement as my crack enjoys the fresh air every chance it gets!😅

Not that bad no.
Don't sweat like you do in other gear.

One thing I've always wondered.
How come the army have so much surplus?
It's not like these things have a use by date!?
I had some i think it was "jack pyke" jacket and trousers
I like them👍

I use gelert waterproofs here.....20 euro for legs and 30 for jacket in sports direct.
Their a good fit and dont sweet to bad.
I've used some of more expensive brand from kaiwaka,hart ect and the same result.

Last edited:
Not that bad no.

I’d imagine there some sorta error in them like wrong colour or something simple?

Reactions: AYF
Not that bad no.

The Army Surplus Stores in this country , strike me as a sort of upmarket Pound Shop . I doubt if the Army would buy most of the stuff on sale in them . Lots of stuff like you buy off stalls at a market .
30 years ago , you could buy second hand Parkas, that were definitely ex Army .

Back