Good Value mag drill cutters set?

I have the first one you mention, the Evolution Evo 42. Got it from Amazon, haven't done that much with it, but replaced all the slatted house barriers, and it was brilliant.

Must make a little setup like this chap, to use it as a bench drill.

Looking to buy a mag drill have it down to these 3 anyone with knowledge of these and could give a bit of guidance
Bought the Magbeast HM40 last autumn, haven’t done a huge amount of work with it but so far very impressed.

Did you drill any bushings yet
Just coming back @lough

I’ve drilled a few holes for 50mm bushes. It was 100mm box with walls about 8mm thick.
I didn’t drill both holes from one side, instead I just used a set square to mark both sides.
Worked out fine.

The pilot pin makes it relatively easy to drill in the centre of the mark.

9A35C622-6E27-4802-84B9-575C3ED528E9.jpeg

Just coming back @lough

I’ve drilled a few holes for 50mm bushes. It was 100mm box with walls about 8mm thick.
I didn’t drill both holes from one side, instead I just used a set square to mark both sides.
Worked out fine.

View attachment 87699
What ye making?

Just coming back @lough

Worked out fine.

View attachment 87699
I tend to use a stitcher in the cordless drill now when marking for the mag with a big cutter, picked it up from the lads building the last shed here, don’t quite go all the way through or you end up with the slug stuck in the cutter, but it gives the centre pin a perfect mark that’s just the right size for it and helps hold the drill solid(our magnet is gone a bit weak so can move an odd time)

Back