Grain prices

Grain at €200 green, is good value to the buyer.
15% moisture grain, costing €210 in a merchants yard, a cheap run through a dryer, will leave a decent margin over imported maize.
Most importantly the grain is in the yard, not on a boat, or soon to be on its way, or stuck in a port. Or maybe not there at all.

At the price mentioned, it won't make many millonaires in grain growing, so you can steady on.

I would never make any sizable invest in capital or machinery during a good year.
Hold on a minute, you're being sensible whereas a lot of lads will loose the run of themselves and get a bad case of shiney metal disease.

There will be some amount of tillage gear bought the back end of this year if that price holds up

Fertiliser rocketing, diesel prices high, and most of the grain not in the barn yet.

Yet alone steel is still at high levels, long waiting lists on stuff and most have invested huge amounts (some questionable) already due to TAMS.

I dont think machinery dealers will be seeing any major gold rush yet.

Fertiliser rocketing, diesel prices high, and most of the grain not in the barn yet.

Yet alone steel is still at high levels, long waiting lists on stuff and most have invested huge amounts (some questionable) already due to TAMS.

I dont think machinery dealers will be seeing any major gold rush yet.
I'm hoping to buy a set of tractor tyres I meant to buy last autumn, its a🤞 scenario.

I said it wouldnt come, so budgeted on whatever I get over 4.25 to put towards the tyres. Its a slow continious accumulation that gets you there

Back