Grammer air seat

essexpete

Has anyone worked on these seats? I think something has gone under the seat where the bellows has split. The compressor runs but does not pump up the seat. I thought the seat seem low and lifted the adjustment knob. I let out the remaining air and now it is right down. I think it a damaged pipe somewhere. Has the seat got to come out of the tractor (8340) to make sense of it? Can you prop them and get enough access?

Thanks

Has anyone worked on these seats? I think something has gone under the seat where the bellows has split. The compressor runs but does not pump up the seat. I thought the seat seem low and lifted the adjustment knob. I let out the remaining air and now it is right down. I think it a damaged pipe somewhere. Has the seat got to come out of the tractor (8340) to make sense of it? Can you prop them and get enough access?

Thanks

sounds like you have prob sussed, found damaged pipes ourselves - we have removed them in the past to effect repair - just too dammed difficult to do in cab - suggest rebush while you have out too

i lifted a seat up manually as high as it would go then propped it,then just undid the plastic cover and replaced a chafed pipe wasn't that difficult just fiddly and knuckle scraping.

Thanks, had a bit of poke under there (as it were), and some think had been secure with cable ties then cut of and so scraped the back of my hand nicely.
The seat has not been too wobly compared to some and it gives quite a good ride. I have a brand new seat mech seat in shed that I was going to fit to our departed 956 but I'll bet that won't be as comfy. Do the ususal tractor agent source parts or can you suggest something better?

we have wads of old pipes lying around so managed to find a replacment,was a standard enough pipe think it was 1/2 inch

we have wads of old pipes lying around so managed to find a replacment,was a standard enough pipe think it was 1/2 inch

I would think it would be a lot smaller than 1/2", those pipes are tiny. :crying:

Had a go at at one not long ago, turned out the pump itself was losing air. As said, tricky work.

should have said 13mm spanner or 14mm yup they are wee ones

most of them are only 6mm,8mm pipes,
any good autofactors should have pipe,
you can get all parts for the grammer seats, im sure a google would throw up uk distributor.
good seat,
they had a new seat cover for their seats at the show, round £100 iirc,
really well made and cloth at the same time,
the seat covers that are water proof are crap for long sittings!.

now i think about it i reckon the pipe i used was from an old dentists chair

T a bit of a air leak have we. Probably a split or a rubbed through pipe. I had this problem on a tractor when you came to it in the morning it needed pumping up. Have a good root around under the seat and see or start it pumping and see if you can find were the air comes from

it was a prop for when the wife and myself play dentist and hot patient:thumbup:

youll no get spair parts for them . weve had issues with 1 or 2 , had 1 out a few times working on it putting new rollers in that we found somewhere and bodged them in , the seat misteriously got swapped with the 1 in the last tractor that went away :whistling:. if your going to take the seat out take top half of first there is 4 bolts located in the runners that the seat slides back and forward on , you may even get in from there to fix what you need to fix . you wouldnt beleive the weight thats in them things . if it has an air lumber support you might need to cut a wire when you split it :thumbup1:

Thanks for that, it seems very heavy when you lift it, certainly would not want a hand in there with a collops.

You might want to stick a jib through the back window. If you are going to take it all out there not light. If it's a new seat I think you could claim on the insurance.

You might want to stick a jib through the back window. If you are going to take it all out there not light. If it's a new seat I think you could claim on the insurance.

of course open the back window first:thumbup:

Actually got around to lifting seat out. I stupidly tried to remove top part of seat first. Not such a problem but the lower rear glass was crazed from a stone off the flail. Hand slipped and hit glass so finished with a cut knuckle. Lesson should have removed damaged glass, should have been wearing gloves. Realised that lower seat frame is held by captive bolts undone from under floor. Seat out thro rear window and into telehandler bucket with help of willing son. Have new mech seat in the shed and am tempted to fit that.

Back