Grease is the Word. Let's talk about lubrication.

I see a lot of the same issues on industrial machines, guys design them and never think of serviceability access to guarding locations relubrication etc.
I had a design engineer with me one day when I was doing a laser alignment on a pump skid, you couldn't get at the anchor bolts the pipe work was binding the entire lot up, I said see when you design all this stuff on cad you don't appreciate having to actually comeback and do service work. I hope he took something away from it.

@MF30
Not all grease guns are calibrated the same, manual guns can dispense between 6 and 15 grams of grease per shot, so they can vary.

Are you sure there's enough grease in the cartridge
Greasing the UVJ at centre point is all you should do, those are needle roller bearings and need very little grease, if the seals are intact, hence not always the best pumping it til grease comes out the seals.
This is a good article on it but you need to scroll down a bit through the 'granny suck eggs' bit.

@Mark Lynskey
was sold this as pin and push grease for the manitou and digger
20220117_153417.jpg
none the wiser given whats wrote on the tube and it's black grease inside and what i was told wheither or not what i needed or just to make a sale.
is it just bog standard grease.last tubes were kajo aswell , but blue grease

@Mark Lynskey
View attachment 102064
none the wiser given whats wrote on the tube and it's black grease inside and what i was told wheither or not what i needed or just to make a sale.
I'd say if it's black then it is pin and bush grease.
This is what I use throughout the digger on everything, blue by the way.
MoS2 is your product code.
20220117_155929.jpg
20220117_155945.jpg

@Mark Lynskey
View attachment 102064
Looks like bog standard lithium soap thickener nlgi grades is standard viscosity I can't see any mention oil viscosity, I'll look it up and see what I can find.

Edit
Seems it's a moly grease so that's a good start. Mos2 is molybdenum disulfide commonly used in extreme pressure applications, black as death and awful stuff 5o stain but.it does the job well, that said Kajo greased are on the cheaper and cheerful side of things but became popular with they're easy mount grease gun system and so got a large following in agri application(though I think Fuchs invented the idea)

Last edited:
@James sorry delay replying been mad busy since I got back after Xmas.

Ep2 is bog standard the reds just a dye, as I mentioned earlier in this thread...(I think)I can't see any reference to the viscosity of the base oil on the pic.
Most of these products are a general purpose. Clue is in the price, anything under a €10 a tube is normally basic enough.

Hi Mark,
I'm not usually too concerned about the grease I use in pin and bush applications but would like a good quality grease going into the bearings at the ends of my mulcher mower rotor. Can you suggest a quality brand and type of screw in grease for this type of application? Thanks.

The guns your on about are abbreviated SR or "System Reiner" any grease cartridges with that abbreviation work on the Fuchs gun you are on about.
It won't be every manufacturer that fill grease in that type of tube though so you may be limited but you can get adaptors for regular grease tubes(you used to I remember) I'll need to look into the lower price products ranges as the stuff normally dealing with most guys in the Agri game would have a siezure :-).

More of the same, it's all ep2 lithium soap base stuff majority will be using. Grand for.most general purpose applications but tops out temp wise at 90c or so, but most applications shouldn't be getting so hot to begin with.

Lithium soap is just the thickener used to hold the oil in place when the grease cools, it has absolutely no lubrication properties. The base oil is the key and in this case its ep2 it's generic "extra pressure additive version 2" spec.

15 W 40 refers to multi grade oils 15 being winter viscosity and 40 being summer or at operational temperatures, we use different specs in industrial oil eg 220 centistokes on gear oils common mukti purpose and 32 and 46(centistokes) on hydraulic.

Back