Gun Buffs & Air Rifles

Yes too I could do that alrite . The 1 you bought profits farmer does it fire out a steel pellet and where did you get it ?

Pretty much. I bought mine for secondhand for €150 with a scope and case. Didn’t really go looking for one but had a couple of lads mentioning feral pigeons in sheds and could I shoot them so I asked in the local shop for light load ammo for the shotgun but they talked me into the AR - it wasn’t a long conversation.

Is it hard to get the licence for this? Have a shotgun already that I inherited. The old man is in the process of getting a licence for another shotgun that I inherited. he is 2 months in to it now and has been told that he has been approved, but it will take up to 3 more months until the licence is issued to him. We don't even have a shotgun cartridge between us now, but used to do a bit of shooting when I was younger. Would like something to have a pop at crows around a creep feeder or when at bales.

You need to be up close with a springer air rifle - probably 30m max, you will get a lot more range and flexibility with a PCP air rifle and be able to get more shots off quicker if it has a magazine. It is the exact same procedure as applying for a shotgun or a smaller rifle. If you are taking shots outdoors then perhaps go for a .17 rifle and it would allow you to take out foxes as well.

It depends where in the country you are as to how long it takes but no harm putting in a few regular calls and emails to see how things are progressing.

Do manage to shoot much with the shotgun mucky manor ?
Or would it be as well for me to get a normal rifle, you can get amio to shoot birds in sheds for them as well I think ... ??

Do manage to shoot much with the shotgun mucky manor ?
Or would it be as well for me to get a normal rifle, you can get amio to shoot birds in sheds for them as well I think ... ??

When I was younger, I used to shoot a bit, but I haven't fired a shot in 5 years and as I said, there isn't even a cartridge in the house for it today.
I have fired a few shots from a .22 in my time, but haven't enough knowledge of rifles to give you advice.

Anyone at any shooting these days ? First evening out this evening with rain, went out first to try get a stag came across a pricket around 6 this eve and clipped him, should be good eating in him, I find prickets have the best meat. Went out for a flight of ducks then around 7, any amount of mallard landing in a crop of oats that never got harvested, my confidence from earlier in the evening got the better of me and found myself fireing before the birds got close enough, may try again Sunday evening now and see how it goes

Anyone at any shooting these days ? First evening out this evening with rain, went out first to try get a stag came across a pricket around 6 this eve and clipped him, should be good eating in him, I find prickets have the best meat. Went out for a flight of ducks then around 7, any amount of mallard landing in a crop of oats that never got harvested, my confidence from earlier in the evening got the better of me and found myself fireing before the birds got close enough, may try again Sunday evening now and see how it goes
You would want to be careful when you are telling people what you are eating..
I had to google 'pricket' never heard the word before!

Back