Hay 2022

Got hay today its down a week. Pressed my Best baler into service. Made 200,000,000,000,000 bales.
(Might have an extra zero or two 🤔😳)
IMG-20220716-WA0022.jpg
IMG-20220716-WA0018.jpg

30 ft rows are a challenge for her.

right few with hay rowed up,but the sun went to bed and the black lads rolled in and had a little cry,they will probably have to shake out the rows again,not heavy but has wet everything at the same time,a hoor to be that close to baling and been caught, tomorrow and Monday is another chance
Feck that. There wasn't a drop here until the last few minutes. There's little or no rain in the forecast for the next 10 days

right few with hay rowed up,but the sun went to bed and the black lads rolled in and had a little cry,they will probably have to shake out the rows again,not heavy but has wet everything at the same time,a hoor to be that close to baling and been caught, tomorrow and Monday is another chance
Hit us about half 2 as well. Have 4 acres traditional hay meadow down. Monday was the target. Will need heat and wind to recover. Weather looks dodgy for Tuesday round here.

Was a bit prssimistic Saturday evening, but thankfully the wind and the sun played ball yesterday and today. It all came together nicely in the end.

Attachments

• 027E55E2-D951-4E2D-8874-9359A27F2AE3.jpeg
    027E55E2-D951-4E2D-8874-9359A27F2AE3.jpeg
    344 KB · Views: 113
  • 18A1CC3D-B30B-4AA3-A097-870637D8D6C8.jpeg
    18A1CC3D-B30B-4AA3-A097-870637D8D6C8.jpeg
    371.7 KB · Views: 112
  • 9AB86DE6-285F-4E45-A3C1-DEC106CFD41E.jpeg
    9AB86DE6-285F-4E45-A3C1-DEC106CFD41E.jpeg
    420.9 KB · Views: 110
  • ABFE4707-656F-4DF7-9D41-97673F33058F.jpeg
    ABFE4707-656F-4DF7-9D41-97673F33058F.jpeg
    300.2 KB · Views: 109
  • 5837731D-BADA-4DE7-8E30-8D7526297ACF.jpeg
    5837731D-BADA-4DE7-8E30-8D7526297ACF.jpeg
    218.6 KB · Views: 109
  • 69A7F6EA-25F1-45E1-B95F-043A43A708A0.jpeg
    69A7F6EA-25F1-45E1-B95F-043A43A708A0.jpeg
    214.1 KB · Views: 112
  • 168DFC78-AACA-44C0-8BE3-782729CFA2AB.jpeg
    168DFC78-AACA-44C0-8BE3-782729CFA2AB.jpeg
    362.8 KB · Views: 109
  • BA1BA7E0-D505-4643-B27B-16C94E36CFC6.jpeg
    BA1BA7E0-D505-4643-B27B-16C94E36CFC6.jpeg
    367.3 KB · Views: 119
The 2 most prominent organic farmers around here got all of their hay baled up from start to finish this week. In fairness, it wasn't hard to save as it was old and half saved while standing.
I met one coming coming out of the supermarket last night and he greeted me by bragging that he has caught up with the conventional farmers. Fair play says I, is it good quality? Most of it is Half N Half was the response (ie. He'll put bales in front of the cows and let them eat ad lib. When they have all of the edible stuff gone, he'll use the other half to bed them.)

The 2 most prominent organic farmers around here got all of their hay baled up from start to finish this week. In fairness, it wasn't hard to save as it was old and half saved while standing.
I met one coming coming out of the supermarket last night and he greeted me by bragging that he has caught up with the conventional farmers. Fair play says I, is it good quality? Most of it is Half N Half was the response (ie. He'll put bales in front of the cows and let them eat ad lib. When they have all of the edible stuff gone, he'll use the other half to bed them.)
Half shite, other half, absolute shite

I baled rushes / grass the other evening for a lad . He bought the land and needed it cleaned off . 182 bales off 8 ac odd . Lad giving him a €10 a bale for it . God help anything that has to eat this stuff / lay on it .

I baled rushes / grass the other evening for a lad . He bought the land and needed it cleaned off . 182 bales off 8 ac odd . Lad giving him a €10 a bale for it . God help anything that has to eat this stuff / lay on it .
jesus must have been some mat of shite to get 182 bales off 8 acres

he was lucky so,go well on to pay for clearing the ground and no hassle of disposing of it wither,it's someone else's problem

The 2 organic lads close to here get awards for their Organic Farming Practices. If we treated our cows the way that they treat theirs, I fear that we would be taken up for cruelty. They'd cross the barriers in the shed if they had to eat what these lads put in front of theirs. One of them had to mow around wrapped bales of silage that were made in 2020 that he never moved from the meadow and they are now 2ft high and only visible when the meadow around them was cut. He'll be in the front of the local paper for an award for good farming practices or sustainability or some other kind of fluff in the coming weeks and rumor has it that he is going to be running in the next local election and using his farming platform to seek votes from local farmers.

The 2 organic lads close to here get awards for their Organic Farming Practices. If we treated our cows the way that they treat theirs, I fear that we would be taken up for cruelty. They'd cross the barriers in the shed if they had to eat what these lads put in front of theirs. One of them had to mow around wrapped bales of silage that were made in 2020 that he never moved from the meadow and they are now 2ft high and only visible when the meadow around them was cut. He'll be in the front of the local paper for an award for good farming practices or sustainability or some other kind of fluff in the coming weeks and rumor has it that he is going to be running in the next local election and using his farming platform to seek votes from local farmers.
Sounds like Another organic for all the wrong reasons sort of person…. There’s guys out there doing it so well they’d show up a lot of conventional farmers for grass management etc, and then the lads that are in it for the additional subsidies and grants that can be claimed

Sounds like Another organic for all the wrong reasons sort of person…. There’s guys out there doing it so well they’d show up a lot of conventional farmers for grass management etc, and then the lads that are in it for the additional subsidies and grants that can be claimed
I agree. But I can't understand why the media and certification bodies promote what they do as something that farmers should aspire to.

Something cruel . The field is a grand flat field but the butt left from the rushes leaves it rough to travel . Needs a few drains and boundary drains cleaned but will be fine summer land after . Field probably hasn’t seen a mower in 10 years +
jesus must have been some mat of shite to get 182 bales off 8 acres

is that the lad on the " Hill "

Always the same isn't it.

Back