Hay Barn Repair

mikerd4

Hi there,
My first post here. Ive just bought a house in Kildare and inherited a haybarn. Its a fairly big 5 bay, built in the 80s, round roofed style. There are a few holes in the roof that need repair, the gutters are gone and there are some perspex corrugated side panels need replacing. I can do the gutters and side panels but I would rather pay a professional to repair the ones high up for safety reasons and the fact they are curved so aren't a straight forward swap out job.
I'm finding its a bit of a minefield at the moment, can anyone recommend a legitimate company to do it. So far all I'm finding is traveller's with fairly dodgy looking health and safety approaches to working at height. I found one company I thought looked legit till I found they are pretending to work out of a business premise that I know is occupied by another company.

I'm in Kildare, can anyone recommend a legit company to do it?

The one farmer i know didnt know anyone that does repairs unfortunately. Not too many farmers in the area but will definately keep asking

Very difficult to get people for that kind of work. A few big multi National building projects have used up a lot of labor. A family company that has done a bit of work for me in the past has given up his high working insurance and gets €100 an hour call out for plant maintenance in a pharmaceutical plant.
My landlord has been waiting ages to get a gutter replaced.

Back