Heatgaurd sheeting

Greenhill Systems in the North. We’re supplying it with a shed, farmer is erecting and cladding himself. His choice of roof system supposed to be same profile as fibre cement profile 6. Price seems very cheap nearly too cheap nearly cheaper than I can buy 13.5/3 single skin polycarbonate sheeting per m2. I just worry as to the longevity of the sheet with regards uv protection will it discolour and get brittle from the sun. If it gets mossy and dirty how will it look from the underside.

I'm guessing like fibresheet it requires timbers at closer cross centres. Has it been independently tested other that the concerns mentioned about it seems to be an interesting concept. Many buildings in your locality with it.

Ya purlins at max 1375mm c/c. Don’t know anything about testing, no buildings that I know of locally. I think there’s a milking parlour in Tipperary around clonmel area done with it, I think there was an article about it on agriland or the journal

Ya purlins at max 1375mm c/c. Don’t know anything about testing, no buildings that I know of locally. I think there’s a milking parlour in Tipperary around clonmel area done with it, I think there was an article about it on agriland or the journal
I saw it on farm sheds in the Netherlands. All built in last 10 years but still looked good. The purlins are at 1240 center in my shed. I do have same reservation about it going brittle but here’s hoping it won’t. It’s actually very strong to walk on. Once your mind allows you it will give and squeeze as you walk but that’s it it’s not clear as Perspex is you can’t see through it

I saw it on farm sheds in the Netherlands. All built in last 10 years but still looked good. The purlins are at 1240 center in my shed. I do have same reservation about it going brittle but here’s hoping it won’t. It’s actually very strong to walk on. Once your mind allows you it will give and squeeze as you walk but that’s it it’s not clear as Perspex is you can’t see through it
Ya hopefully the UV protection is very good. Discolouration and brittleness would be my biggest concern. If it were me I’d only be fitting it on sheds that are enclosed as I’d fear in an open building that the wind uplift would pull it through the screws. The lads up at Greenhill seem to be sound enough and helpful with any questions we have had about setting out the steelwork and fitting I’d say they would have no problem answer any questions about the product. I don’t mean to sound negative about the sheeting just I’d have concerns about new concepts/products and tend to always look for what might go wrong rather than look at the positives as if I were supplying and fitting a product myself.

If you’re worried about about it going brittle what would putting 3 lengths of galvanized rebar under each sheet cost as insurance if you ever had to go out on it after?

Back