Hedge cutter upgrade.

bk1991

Thinking of upgrading my hedge cutter.
Currently have mcconnell hyreach, servo controls, fully reconditioned( pins bushes pipes etc ) in early 2018Whats it worth and what would be a nice machine to replace it? Would like servo or porportional controls and 3pt on new machine.

Madzamby

+1 for proportional controls but over the past 2 weeks I have really went off 3pt mounting of hedgecutters. Sitting here with a tractor backend housing cracked because of it and I'm not the first to have that happen.

bk1991

+1 for proportional controls but over the past 2 weeks I have really went off 3pt mounting of hedgecutters. Sitting here with a tractor backend housing cracked because of it and I'm not the first to have that happen.
Ye there heavy enough for 3pt linkage

Arthur

McConnel PA93?
Cable control or bang bang switchbox if you want something like a 93, a 52 or a 500 might be a better option in the search for proportional control, the early bracket mounted hy reach wont be worth much to a dealer.

nashmach

Cable control or bang bang switchbox if you want something like a 93, a 52 or a 500 might be a better option in the search for proportional control, the early bracket mounted hy reach wont be worth much to a dealer.

A 500 would be a bit big on a CS94 though I'd say?

bk1991

Does mcconnell do perportional controlls
A 500 would be a bit big on a CS94 though I'd say?
Hopefully in the next year or so Iā€™ll be upgrading the cs94 . Might wait till then to swap the trimmer . Im just thinking out loud šŸ˜…. What is my trimmer worth?