hedge cutting

i got a wiper on my window :) and a squegy for the door :mad: that might b ok as long as it doesnt fall of.
finished of cutting hedges in the dark tonight , wasnt wanting to go back there in the morning unfortunatly he had muddy gate ways and gates with no hinges :mad: my new boots are a differant colour now

thats the worst bit of hedge cutting opening gates! used to do a bit of cutting in the dark,its not so bad with plenty of lights on,got a wife now though lol
its for a massey 64 series cab so can't really fit a wiper,might have to tie it on somehow

No not big enough really by looks of it. I use a similar thing but bigger has sponge and a squeegy combined. Just wrap a rag around the one on the inside. I think they are called window magic or something like that, I thought they were just some rubbish that mother had bought off shopping channel but turns out they are rather handy.

came across this big lump of a thing on youtube for heavy duty roadside cutting . looks well constructed but i not seen it do anything i couldn't cut with an ordinary hedger
[YOUTUBE]ccWmaBDqX6g&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

bollocks:blushing:

Attachments

• Photo026 [640x480].jpg
    Photo026 [640x480].jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 49
  • Photo029 [640x480].jpg
    Photo029 [640x480].jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 52
  • Photo031 [640x480].jpg
    Photo031 [640x480].jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 46
had a dirty old sleeping bag in one once didnt stop the flail turning but it was going v slow . pit in revers and forward a few times but it wouldnt spit it out :no: looked like it had been snowing after :blushing:

is that a grass flail recycled, on a mc connel or a bomford?

i lifted an old mattress once, took it all in before she stopped, had to go home for the con saw, couldnt cut the springs with the snips.

McConnell competition flails reaching the end of there life , will b putting in an application for new set for next season . was cutting over the back of a hedge and didn't see the wire that some1 has flung at there arse:angry:

McConnell competition flails reaching the end of there life , will b putting in an application for new set for next season . was cutting over the back of a hedge and didn't see the wire that some1 has flung at there arse:angry:

are they stronger than the f10 flails?
i wouldnt think so to look at them.
but only one cutting side it looks like.

is it that they give a better finish on lighter stuff?.
what do they cut up to.
they sound verry Michael schumaker indeed.:lol:

c flails will cut thicker stuff cleaner that the standard t flail they dont break as bad as the t flail so last longer . there on ther third season but we dont cut a lot of grass/stones but they have cut a lot of hedges

c flails will cut thicker stuff cleaner that the standard t flail they dont break as bad as the t flail so last longer . there on ther third season but we dont cut a lot of grass/stones but they have cut a lot of hedges

get away, i never knew that they even existed.
didnt see them in the dealers iirc,
they have a heavier flail than the F10, its a bear of a thing.
are the competition flails dear each?

will they cut up to 3-4".
i know that sounds rough but ya do do it now and again.

think there f11 . those ones are mcconnal which seem to b harder ,keep there edge better that the flails direct ones but there more brittle as well . we wouldnt go back to the f10 , think there about £1 a flail more than the f10 but should last longer , the heavir t flails with the rubber shocker are a good bit more expence , weve never tryed them .
they will cut through trees if you take your time :001_huh: but it is a noticably cleaner cut in stuff about the thickness of you finger , not as clean as a blade though :lol:
http://www.flailsdirect.co.uk/mcconnel.html

think there f11 . those ones are mcconnal which seem to b harder ,keep there edge better that the flails direct ones but there more brittle as well . we wouldnt go back to the f10 , think there about £1 a flail more than the f10 but should last longer , the heavir t flails with the rubber shocker are a good bit more expence , weve never tryed them .
they will cut through trees if you take your time :001_huh: but it is a noticably cleaner cut in stuff about the thickness of you finger , not as clean as a blade though :lol:
http://www.flailsdirect.co.uk/mcconnel.html

i see, good to know, thanks for that.

on a slightly different note, if ya dont mind me stealing your thread recycled, has any one came across the soft bushings and weak pins on the spearhead machines, round 07 models,
i see they have made improvements on the newer ones.
but aparently its a common fault,
the bushings were made out of plastic!!.
had to do a job on a spearhead lately, that had ovaled the main pin bushing along with breaking a pin or two.

Back