hedgecutting

Did you not have a tractor with a mid mount burn?
Sadly yes, last year.. Have viewed and tried various VFR machines to replace it, but decided to go for another McConnel Econ. Hopefully it be here for start of next season.

Sadly yes, last year.. Have viewed and tried various VFR machines to replace it, but decided to go for another McConnel Econ. Hopefully it be here for start of next season.
They are still building the mid mounts so, the TSa would have a lot more speed in reverse than TM's.

They are still building the mid mounts so, the TSa would have a lot more speed in reverse than TM's.
They build them to order if requested but don't advertise. I guess with all the different tractor fitments and fuel tank mods needed to fit them they're a pain for McConnel's really. TSa has better view than TM having full door glass but our man likes TM he says. We also have mountings for JD and a 6930 autopower to fit here. Think it would be very handy with the vario transmission but I know nowt about deere's and always had Ford / NH.

No I had two.. One on the TM125 that burnt, the other on the 135. I've looked at rebuilding the burnt one but the cost of electric controls / proportional valves is thousands.
What valve do they use on the econ, not a crappy cetop is it?

What valve do they use on the econ, not a crappy cetop is it?
Not sure what they are, just priced all valves wiring looms and v6 joystick with McConnels and they wanted about 8k. Do you know of a cheaper option ? The burnt econ's done a lot of hours but be reparable with ram seals, motor, valves, electrics, pipes and paint. Tank and pump on rear of tractor was undamaged.

Not sure what they are, just priced all valves wiring looms and v6 joystick with McConnels and they wanted about 8k. Do you know of a cheaper option ? The burnt econ's done a lot of hours but be reparable with ram seals, motor, valves, electrics, pipes and paint. Tank and pump on rear of tractor was undamaged.
Where abouts are all the valves and electrics located on the midcuts?

Looks like its a cetop type from the parts list, did you have a joystick or individual toggles? Surely something could be done for a lot less than £8k, don't suppose a danfoss set up would even cost that. Its four services you need is it?

Looks like its a cetop type from the parts list, did you have a joystick or individual toggles? Surely something could be done for a lot less than £8k, don't suppose a danfoss set up would even cost that. Its four services you need is it?
It was a V4 joystick control with 6 services along with flail stop start forward and reverse on a separate control box with all the proportional speed parameter adjustment functions. I'm sure there be a firm knocking it all up somewhere probably in China, but McConnel may have door closed on job.

Last edited:
It was a V4 joystick control with 6 services along with flail stop start forward and reverse on a separate control box with all the proportional speed parameter adjustment functions. I'm sure there be a firm knocking it all up somewhere probably in China, but McConnel may have door closed on job.
Would you prefer to have that type again or would something a bit more basic do? The valves and manifold wouldn't be much bother anyway, how come there's 6 services on it?

Would you prefer to have that type again or would something a bit more basic do? The valves and manifold wouldn't be much bother anyway, how come there's 6 services on it?
If I were to rebuild it I guess anything basic would do, even a switch box. The 6 services are:- Up/down, reach, head angle, power slew, third arm, Hydraulic roller. Then there's float, stop/start, forward, reverse.

Back