Hedger on a track dumper?

scoffcruddle

As the title,what’s the verdict?

Hard to keep straight?

The rpa refused a derogation to cut hedges on a parcel of land because it’s permanent pasture,I’ve only just bought it and like a lot of my field hedges hasn’t been cut for a few years,not been dry enough to get on between September and March the last few years so thinking something different needed.

I could use a track dumper or tractor on my post knocker the rest of the time,just thinking out loud,other option is a flail on my 14t 360 that’s piped up for a grab.

I wouldn’t mind a msuri razorback head as they say it will cut 100mm .

Plus check the rules closely.
I think you can cut with a saw/blade andy time of year. Just not flail!

Hard to keep straight?

The rpa refused a derogation to cut hedges on a parcel of land because it’s permanent pasture,I’ve only just bought it and like a lot of my field hedges hasn’t been cut for a few years,not been dry enough to get on between September and March the last few years so thinking something different needed.

I could use a track dumper or tractor on my post knocker the rest of the time,just thinking out loud,other option is a flail on my 14t 360 that’s piped up for a grab.

Excavator would be my choice if going tracks, if your taking a lot of growth off you could do what can be done with the slew then move on rather than doing several passes while tracking. I can't see that Mzuri head doing 100mm, claims and reality are usually two different things. A omega rotor would do that size in some fashion but not a rotary type, 100mm wants cutting not smashing!!

I’m favouring the 360 route now,the reach and vision would be better and tracking once round the field rather than backwards and forwards appeals,nothing stopping me sticking a hedger flail on the 360 is there?

Plus check the rules closely.
I think you can cut with a saw/blade andy time of year. Just not flail!

Fairly sure it’s any trimming,I’ll find the info.

I got a man in with a Seppi mulcher on a 360 . I hope to get him back to start where the money ran out last year.

I’m favouring the 360 route now,the reach and vision would be better and tracking once round the field rather than backwards and forwards appeals,nothing stopping me sticking a hedger flail on the 360 is there?

Fairly sure it’s any trimming,I’ll find the info.
No reason, there's a guy not far from here who has bought a length of railway and he has one on a excavator with rail gear for keeping trees back, that's a mcconell with a omega rotor. You can't cut hedges between 1st of march and 31st of august except for visibility/safety reasons, you are allowed until the end of march for pleaching or coppicing a hedge unless the rules have changed.

Hard to keep straight?

Local lads here are running 2 track machines with munchers heads on them . These heads make a flail look like a toy . Finish is rough but then there trying to cut back multiple years of growth . Only issue they have I think was with oil flow but tweaking pumps sorted that . If your eye is good a level finish is no great hassle .

1 plus for circular saw is the lack of hard bits of timber flying in all directions. i cleaned up after a mulcherhead and judging all the splinters around the ground, the digger must ve been in the line of fire too

Both myself and ,@Mf240 have had our local man in with a Hitachi Zaxis 135 , with both saw and mulcher heads . After seeing either at work , you wouldnt entertain a tractor mounted hedgecutter at anything over 2 years growth .
No ground damage , tremendous agility, eg , taking boughs off trees.
Both myself and ,@Mf240 have had our local man in with a Hitachi Zaxis 135 , with both saw and mulcher heads . After seeing either at work , you wouldnt entertain a tractor mounted hedgecutter at anything over 2 years growth .
No ground damage , tremendous agility, eg , taking boughs off trees.

We got hedges on wet ground cut off at the very butt with the mulcher to allow wind at it to dry it out. Some of the trees were mature willow and whitethorn. He trimmed other hedges to half their height. No ground damage and no cleaning up after it. €450 did a mountain of work.

We got hedges on wet ground cut off at the very butt with the mulcher to allow wind at it to dry it out. Some of the trees were mature willow and whitethorn. He trimmed other hedges to half their height. No ground damage and no cleaning up after it. €450 did a mountain of work.

In peatland the digger is the only job. Or on steep land.

It's the same a trying to clean drains with a wheel digger. Once you see the track machine in action you wouldn't bother with anything else.

Mulcher on a track machine only way to go for initial cut if its real heavy.ua could fit the fail head on it then.biggest problem is oil flow.ya could count on 1 hand the number of digger men that arent doing hedging...mate has a mulcher on a hyundai 14t machine.mulcher was 15 euro plus vat.anything up to 18 " will have a very sudden death with it, it just ates through bushes and trees

Great job for stay wires , esb and phone wires

On a different note see yan clat of an environment minster from the greens is suggesting that up to 5000 euro may have to be charged to rural households to get broadband connections.
That tree shear could be useful in some of the leafy urban suburbs

Back