high houred hero's

Wasn't the a Volvo loader in Classic Tractor a while back with 120 or 130k hours on it?

Not sure , 3050 clock stopped 7/8 years ago with 13500 so must have 15k now , Jcb 414s has 14200 and 6800 has 14800 I think . Have 3 tractors around 9k and the 151 has 1600 in the year .

The 168 here has somewhere around the 15 or 16k hours on it. There's an aul dexta here from the grandfathers time that had an indicated 9800 hours on it's original clock which didn't work since the late 70's. It's on it's 4th engine now so god knows. Everything else is between the 6 and 9k mark. All in all a lot of diesel gone up the exhausts and a lot of money.

Now that I think about it I used to drive a Volvo A20 with over 80k hours on it the best part of 20 years ago, if she's still going she has earned her retirement

Now that I think about it I used to drive a Volvo A20 with over 80k hours on it the best part of 20 years ago, if she's still going she has earned her retirement
I passed the 500,000 hour mark sometime last year, a lot of that was just ticking over, 158,000 running in and a similar amount under load..:sweat: , still on the same engine but starting to blow a little..:laugh:

Last edited:
I passed the 525,000 hour mark sometime last year, a lot of that was just ticking over, 158,000 running in and a similar amount under load..:sweat: , still on the same engine but starting to blow a little..:laugh:
Sounds like you have been lucky, you haven't had any big end trouble then:wink:

I know Michael fairly well and that tractor is still going strong. Does a lot of the splash plating on the pumping and also hauls a few trailers in the summer. It was on the buckrake for maize end of last year. Mind you it is looking a little rough now.
What's the hours like on it now?

Back