high houred hero's

Our lowest houred yoke has 14000hrs in it. 😢
Those John Deeres seem to improve with age .

You may pull out some of the wads from under the mattress , and buy another newer yoke . @diesel power is sleeping a lot better since he did that in 2018 .

My thoughts exactly.... It's better they get with age!!. They were a great tractor.

Hate to think what will be spent on the new yokes by the time they hit 14000 hours with sensors & egrs & crap that is making our running costs alot higher just to please a few tree-hugger's up in the big smoke.... and also are contributing nothing extra to the bottom line on most farms.

5000km a week commute, 6 days a week, that’s phenomenal 🫣
And a service every two weeks!

Can't remember what his work was, but presume he travelled as part of the job. Salesman or some likes.
Otherwise it equates to 260 miles to work of a morning!
O know roads are straight and empty in OZ, but that surely isn't doable!

Edit, just re-red the article. Newspaper delivery man!

Last edited:
And a service every two weeks!

Can't remember what his work was, but presume he travelled as part of the job. Salesman or some likes.
Otherwise it equates to 260 miles to work of a morning!
O know roads are straight and empty in OZ, but that surely isn't doable!

Edit, just re-red the article. Newspaper delivery man!
He’s in NZ roads aren’t as straight there, and that’s definitely not a straight road he commuted on every day. Probably 8 hours driving a day.

Make and model?
Impressive.
BMW 318d estate, 2011. Bought from a U.K. dealer with about 20k miles on it , traded in with 276k miles on it. Cost about €25k and got €2250 for it. Still a comfortable car and smart looking but it was starting to become a little less reliable and it’s my wife’s car so felt it was time to go.

It had snapped the timing chain a few years ago but it was only the starter motor that snapped it so no big damage. Replaced the clutch at the time. The car was good to us.

BMW 318d estate, 2011. Bought from a U.K. dealer with about 20k miles on it , traded in with 276k miles on it. Cost about €25k and got €2250 for it. Still a comfortable car and smart looking but it was starting to become a little less reliable and it’s my wife’s car so felt it was time to go.

It had snapped the timing chain a few years ago but it was only the starter motor that snapped it so no big damage. Replaced the clutch at the time. The car was good to us.
Excellent service.
Herself bought a 435 the other day. Same thing really except for 6 cyl engine. I’m wondering was the extended warranty a waste of money now. If it gives the same use as yours I’d be fair pleased.

Excellent service.
Herself bought a 435 the other day. Same thing really except for 6 cyl engine. I’m wondering was the extended warranty a waste of money now. If it gives the same use as yours I’d be fair pleased.
I’m sure it’ll be a great machine. In our case, regular servicing and long runs were a big help I’d say.

I’m sure it’ll be a great machine. In our case, regular servicing and long runs were a big help I’d say.
Yep. Always get a good pipe-opener at least once a month. It’s the makings of them.
Petty hate…why the constant increase in size. The current X3 is the same size as the older X5. Look at the current Mini and Fiat 500, they’re not related to the original.
Hollande dictated that no parking space should be larger than a Clio needs..now it’s impossible to park anything larger than a 3 series.

Just for info "my " milk lorry today a Scania 450 drawbar now has 1,257,983 Kms on the clock reg SN17 WCA the drawbar trailer is on its third prime mover so lord knows how many Kms it's done well all 5 of our trailers are like that
Would truck and trailer milk outfits be common over that side? Rare you’d even see a rigid milk truck here it’s all artics

Just for info "my " milk lorry today a Scania 450 drawbar now has 1,257,983 Kms on the clock reg SN17 WCA the drawbar trailer is on its third prime mover so lord knows how many Kms it's done well all 5 of our trailers are like that
That's high for a 2017, does it be double shifted?
How do you find driving a wagon and drag, is it an A frame or centre mounted axles?

Would truck and trailer milk outfits be common over that side? Rare you’d even see a rigid milk truck here it’s all artics
Very very rare, I've been in 6 milk plants and only seen arctics. The only rigid and drags I see are cattle trucks.

Very very rare, I've been in 6 milk plants and only seen arctics. The only rigid and drags I see are cattle trucks.
Good few cattle trucks around alright including 2 tridem double decks with double deck trailers that have been here and meet a few oil tanks with drags but never see anything other than artics on milk runs. Think I remember meeting a rigid once over west somewhere but no drag on it

Back