get the center hub off this spinner???kuhn mds701
got me stumped
tried pulling it,tried turning it,tried the hot spanner but:no:

Attachments

• Photo0538.jpg
    Photo0538.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
ermm if i remember right we jammed the spinners with a block of wood then after spraying plenty of wd in put the agitator bar back and tightened up,then with a lump hammer smacked it from side to side until we got a bit of movement.took a bit of doing

ermm if i remember right we jammed the spinners with a block of wood then after spraying plenty of wd in put the agitator bar back and tightened up,then with a lump hammer smacked it from side to side until we got a bit of movement.took a bit of doing
is it just pushed on?not threaded

On our vicon, it was threaded on anti-clockwise. Cut a slot in a pipe to fit over a long bolt in the hole for the agitator, welded a nut to the other end of pipe, got an assistant to hold the disc with welding gloves on:whistling:, assisted by a block of wood, and she came off after a few attempts. I dont know a bout the kuhn though.

On our vicon, it was threaded on anti-clockwise. Cut a slot in a pipe to fit over a long bolt in the hole for the agitator, welded a nut to the other end of pipe, got an assistant to hold the disc with welding gloves on:whistling:, assisted by a block of wood, and she came off after a few attempts. I dont know a bout the kuhn though.

You were very generous!

No wonder the spreader was so cheap headcase! Any luck selling the Vicon?

been out with a load this morning so took the camera

Attachments

• DSC07822.jpg
    DSC07822.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC07819.jpg
    DSC07819.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC07823.jpg
    DSC07823.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC07825.jpg
    DSC07825.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC07826.jpg
    DSC07826.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 34
didnt like the idea of clouting it through the gears so
Photo0539.jpg
once the shaft was held tight it was easy thanks to knowing which way to clout it

feckin rusty tho:whistling:

didnt like the idea of clouting it through the gears so
View attachment 5906
once the shaft was held tight it was easy thanks to knowing which way to clout it

feckin rusty tho:whistling:
not so bad, a little knowledge goes a long way, as you say, if you clouted it the wrong way it could turn out to be a big job.

yeah, the fert sure dose eat its way into stuff whether you like it or not.

not so bad, a little knowledge goes a long way, as you say, if you clouted it the wrong way it could turn out to be a big job.

yeah, the fert sure dose eat its way into stuff whether you like it or not.
and too much is dangerous:lol::lol:

bloody hard to hold things on yer own,so the ratchet strap and 2 stilsons came handy:thumbup1:

i recon it'll be loose when refitting by the time ive chipped all the crud off,but its self tightening so should be ok

oh and there will plenty of copper slip going back on there

copper grease is the only job, it will last the time on most things.
there should be a tub of it in every workshop.

glad your getting there,thats the hard bit done! 4 bolts the the hopper should lift off now then pop the top off the gearbox and your in,if its done the same as ours you'll need a top bearing and a couple of oils seals
now we know how it works we will remove the agitator every season and clean it and regrease it

Back