How long does TAMS payment take?

DC95

Just wondering if anyone has any experience on how long it takes to get the TAMS grant back. I have a few things applied for and was wondering if I'd be better off getting finance for them rather than putting cash flow under pressure waiting for the Grant to come back when the time comes.

Your question is impossible to answer as everybody’s is different. In our case we had the money after 6 weeks of submitting final paper work, that was for buildings. Never did machinery on it yet.

Have seen payments as quick asacouple weeks and as slow as a few months. Last two claims I had here(last autumn) were both paid within 4 weeks of submission. Both machinery

Two claims on machinery and both very quick. The latest one two months ago was paid within a fortnight.

I was waiting 6 months on a shed as someone was out sick, if you can't afford to have it out of cashflow I would have a back up plan in place. Even if you can extend an overdraft provision and have it there as a just in case.

Around this time two years ago I submitted application for payment and I received it in 4 weeks. That was for machinery.

Thanks for the advice lads have a bulk tank to come in January and a tanker to come in February so if waiting time is 2-6 weeks I should be ok thought it could have been a few months with this covid.

Submitted our claim for dairy equipment on September 29th. Had an inspection this morning. Went fine so hope to have payment in the next couple of weeks.

seems this is the last week for tams can someone explain how it works. I have enough tillage for tams now but I won’t be buying anything until next year, have I missed the ship ?

seems this is the last week for tams can someone explain how it works. I have enough tillage for tams now but I won’t be buying anything until next year, have I missed the ship ?
You normally have 12 months to purchase On bigger and 6 months on smaller items from approval date , if you are thinking of changing a few things it’s no harm and even tho it can cost a bit to apply it’s worth it in the long run

Is this closing date the same for the low emissions slurry or just the tillage side of it. A tanker would probably be the next priority buy

Is this closing date the same for the low emissions slurry or just the tillage side of it. A tanker would probably be the next priority buy
I’d say so , but both are separate so you could , I think 82000 is the max on tillage and 40000 on slurry so you could spend up to 120000 if you get me, if you are able to avail of the 60% it’s a no brainer. Tams can be hard on the pocket as it can make you spend money you hadn’t intended but it’s short term pain for a long term gain in my opinion.

I’d say so , but both are separate so you could , I think 82000 is the max on tillage and 40000 on slurry so you could spend up to 120000 if you get me, if you are able to avail of the 60% it’s a no brainer. Tams can be hard on the pocket as it can make you spend money you hadn’t intended but it’s short term pain for a long term gain in my opinion.
Very well said, I’ll have to seriously think about it tomorrow

What are the requirements for the grant on a new bulk tank being fitted into an existing shed. Is it just the 2ft clearance on 3 sides or is there a few more things needed?

Anyone have a link to view the new tams grant? Is it a completely new tams or if you maxed out in the last one are you kicked of this? I know there is capital expenditure, calf welfare and safety. Can money's be got for tillage equipment?

Anyone have a link to view the new tams grant? Is it a completely new tams or if you maxed out in the last one are you kicked of this? I know there is capital expenditure, calf welfare and safety. Can money's be got for tillage equipment?
I was actually going to ask pretty much the same question re the ceiling for investment, doesn't sound like a new TAMS so I would presume if you are maxed out then that is that, would like to see that confirmed somewhere though, I expect more info will come out over the next few weeks.

I was actually going to ask pretty much the same question re the ceiling for investment, doesn't sound like a new TAMS so I would presume if you are maxed out then that is that, would like to see that confirmed somewhere though, I expect more info will come out over the next few weeks.
Hard to know. The old one seems to be ending today and the new one starting tomorrow. Seems to be new monies too.

My understanding is it’s just a continuation of the existing scheme, but some additional items (for calves) being added and all farmers are now eligible for GPS fertiliser spreaders
Ya ran my farm advisor this afternoon to ask. He said cos of covid some jobs hadn't been carried out so they are allowing guys the chance to do it now.

Ya ran my farm advisor this afternoon to ask. He said cos of covid some jobs hadn't been carried out so they are allowing guys the chance to do it now.

If that was the case, it should mean recycling money but this doesn't sound like it.

Back