How long does TAMS payment take?

If that was the case, it should mean recycling money but this doesn't sound like it.
Ya I know. He said he's going to look into it more for me. He said the dept were going to contact guys who applied to the scheme to see if they were still going ahead or not to see what way monies were

The status of my claim says “LO Check Query Closed”. They rang maybe 2 months ago snd I had to change something small so I assume that’s been altered and is waiting to pay out.

In the case of machinery, eg disc harrow, can I purchase the machine now and then apply for the grant? is the risk that it wont be approved or is it just not allowed and I need approval before purchase ?
Cheers.

In the case of machinery, eg disc harrow, can I purchase the machine now and then apply for the grant? is the risk that it wont be approved or is it just not allowed and I need approval before purchase ?
Cheers.
You need to apply first. Any costs incurred before application are ineligible.

For mobile equipment, such as a disc harrow, you can purchase once application has been made but the risk is you may not actually be approved. For the likes of building works you must be approved before you can commence work

You need to apply first. Any costs incurred before application are ineligible.

For mobile equipment, such as a disc harrow, you can purchase once application has been made but the risk is you may not actually be approved. For the likes of building works you must be approved before you can commence work
Thanks for that mixedbag, have you any experience of how long approval can take once its submitted online ?

Thanks for that mixedbag, have you any experience of how long approval can take once its submitted online ?
About 3 months from the end date of the tranche you apply in. Think current tranche ends at the start of November so probably be January before you hear about an application submitted today!

About 3 months from the end date of the tranche you apply in. Think current tranche ends at the start of November so probably be January before you hear about an application submitted today!
That long !!, if the application for a disc harrow passes validation, so has greater than 15 hectares etc.. is there any real possibility of it not being approved I wonder, I’m wondering do I buy new now and presume I’ll get the approval ( I need the disk before January)

That long !!, if the application for a disc harrow passes validation, so has greater than 15 hectares etc.. is there any real possibility of it not being approved I wonder, I’m wondering do I buy new now and presume I’ll get the approval ( I need the disk before January)
You would need a date on the invoice dating after approval, this may be a problem.

Unless you can buy it and supplier can change the date on invoice for you. But a big risk to run for the sake of it

If this traunch of applications is over subscribed you may not get approval. You run the risk of loosing out due to rushing.

You would need a date on the invoice dating after approval, this may be a problem.
No, the date on invoice only has to be after the date of application for mobile equipment. But as mentioned here if the tranche is over subscribed there is a chance the application won’t be approved and the op will then be in the situation where he has the disc paid for but no grant available to him

No, the date on invoice only has to be after the date of application for mobile equipment. But as mentioned here if the tranche is over subscribed there is a chance the application won’t be approved and the op will then be in the situation where he has the disc paid for but no grant available to him
Thanks for all the replies lads, great info, they are hard enough find second-hand which is why I started looking new with the grant, have never bought anything new here and fancied the thought of it for once .

I think I’m going to put order in for dribble bar Monday, I only applied for tams during week. If I buy dribble bar and have it before I get the grant approved Can I still get the grant or are you supposed to wait

Date on receipt has to be after approval date. Need to be 100% sure you will get approval.
I think I’m going to put order in for dribble bar Monday, I only applied for tams during week. If I buy dribble bar and have it before I get the grant approved Can I still get the grant or are you supposed to wait

Date on receipt has to be after approval date. Need to be 100% sure you will get approval.
No this is not the case anymore (it originally was that way) All expenditure after the application date is now eligible. However you are taking the risk that you will have bought an item and then don’t get grant approval. The other thing to watch here is if not approved and you decide to withdraw application and reapply with a lower proposed costing you will now have a new application date and your payment will not be eligible as before the new date! That issue can usually be sorted by a refund and new invoice from the supplier though

I have grant approval for a couple of items and I need to send in a tax clearance cert to be able to submit the claim. My mother's name appears on the herd number as a partnership but all tax is done in my name. Do I need a tax clearance cert for her as well.

I have grant approval for a couple of items and I need to send in a tax clearance cert to be able to submit the claim. My mother's name appears on the herd number as a partnership but all tax is done in my name. Do I need a tax clearance cert for her as well.
If your in an official partnership you can get a tax clearance cert for the partnership, I’m not exactly sure how as our accountant sorted it for us but it was very straight forward and only took them a few minutes. You can get your own through my revenue or myros but just not sure how to do the partnership

Have you a partnership name? Usually that what you be using.

If your in an official partnership you can get a tax clearance cert for the partnership, I’m not exactly sure how as our accountant sorted it for us but it was very straight forward and only took them a few minutes. You can get your own through my revenue or myros but just not sure how to do the partnership

Have you a partnership name? Usually that what you be using.
It's not an official partnership, it's just the two names on the herd number, all the tax is done in my name

Back