how much is tillage ground making ?

so do you have animals? - if not introducing grass will incur a stocking requirement to continue with the anc claim.

Have a man coming to view the ground later today, told him I was looking 200 + 60% of single payment, said he'd think about it, that was three days ago and he rang me this morning asking to view it

Told him I'd consider allowing him keep all of the direct payment for a higher price rent

I'm thinking 275 per acre ? , from my POV, I then would not be too bothered if I ended up loosing the entitlements at some stage

Have a man coming to view the ground later today, told him I was looking 200 + 60% of single payment, said he'd think about it, that was three days ago and he rang me this morning asking to view it

Told him I'd consider allowing him keep all of the direct payment for a higher price rent

I'm thinking 275 per acre ? , from my POV, I then would not be too bothered if I ended up loosing the entitlements at some stage
Do you think you would have that profit from it yourself if you farmed it? It sounds like a good price.

Do you think you would have that profit from it yourself if you farmed it? It sounds like a good price.
Oh well I haven't him signed on yet , he viewed it a while ago, said he'll be back to me tomorrow, seemed somewhat intrigued by the idea of him retaining all of the value but time will tell ,he offered me 180 + 60% of the single payment on the spot ,break clause after five years was a demand, I've no issue with that but said it would need to go back in grass if exiting after five

275 per acre and him keeping all payments is my alternative deal ,200 + tenant retaining 40% being the default option

Oh well I haven't him signed on yet , he viewed it a while ago, said he'll be back to me tomorrow, seemed somewhat intrigued by the idea of him retaining all of the value but time will tell ,he offered me 180 + 60% of the single payment on the spot ,break clause after five years was a demand, I've no issue with that but said it would need to go back in grass if exiting after five

275 per acre and him keeping all payments is my alternative deal ,200 + tenant retaining 40% being the default option

Would you be able to pay that yourself , for the land in question ?

Why not farm it yourself and let contractors do all from preparing to sowing to harvest.still keep your entitlements and feck all hassle and ground kept the way you want it

My advisor is opposed to my entering into any lease until the next CAP details are released.

I argued that over ten years, chances are you would see two different CAP regimes so difficult to head off whatever changes are coming down the tracks

Which is why I offered a man the land for 275 per acre with him keeping all of the subs, if my entitlements either dissappear or even go up in value, I'm not bothered as the base price is reasonable

Advisor thinks 2022 will be reference year but for all anyone knows, 2021 will be reference year ?

Should know by tomorrow if I have a deal,think 275 is pretty fair all things being equal, good fertile land but I'm not in carlow either

My advisor is opposed to my entering into any lease until the next CAP details are released.

I argued that over ten years, chances are you would see two different CAP regimes so difficult to head off whatever changes are coming down the tracks

Which is why I offered a man the land for 275 per acre with him keeping all of the subs, if my entitlements either dissappear or even go up in value, I'm not bothered as the base price is reasonable

Advisor thinks 2022 will be reference year but for all anyone knows, 2021 will be reference year ?

Should know by tomorrow if I have a deal,think 275 is pretty fair all things being equal, good fertile land but I'm not in carlow either
It would be a serious deal for you, nuts for the guy renting as he could be out a €1000 an acre over the course of 10 yrs, if leasing of entitlements is to go in 2023.

Fair play if you can negotiate that price 👍👍, you only have to look after your own affairs

It would be a serious deal for you, nuts for the guy renting as he could be out a €1000 an acre over the course of 10 yrs, if leasing of entitlements is to go in 2023.

Fair play if you can negotiate that price 👍👍, you only have to look after your own affairs

Well he may not go for it , if he doesn't, il just let a cut of silage ( or two ) next year in 2022

My potential tenant is still not signed on , he's wavering a bit over whether my entitlements might disappear as he thinks 2022 might be the reference year?

For all we know 2021 was the reference year?

His concern is perfectly understandable though, he asked me would I put a clause in contract whereby the rent changes if the entitlements situation changes, I said I could only offer a break clause after five years per normal , il just rent out for silage in 2022 if we can't close a deal , happily talk to him again in 2023

Your potential tenant would be mad to sign up to the deal you are offering, it is totally stacked in your favour. Still remember my Grandfather saying to me not to be afraid to bargain hard, but always leave room in a deal for the other person to make money too!

Your potential tenant would be mad to sign up to the deal you are offering, it is totally stacked in your favour. Still remember my Grandfather saying to me not to be afraid to bargain hard, but always leave room in a deal for the other person to make money too!

So what is a reasonable deal in your opinion

Everyone has to make money in any deal, or else repeat business won't happen. I couldnt see how the new Tennant could sign up to that deal.

Back