Husky vs stihl vs mitox vs efco chainsaw and combi pole saw/brush cutter.

Anyone had a Hyundai saw?

Cheap as chips.

My Johnsered has started leaking oil from the tank because it’s worn through,it’s done a serious amount of work over the years.
Bought a Hyundai walk behind mower, it was crap of the worst description, wouldn't take a gift of another.

Anyone had a Hyundai saw?

Cheap as chips.

My Johnsered has started leaking oil from the tank because it’s worn through,it’s done a serious amount of work over the years.
try this site for a part, there second hand parts are as new and quick postage

Bought these a few weeks back and I don't know what to say other than I'm impressed.

It's not a cheap setup, and it only comes with their entry level battery which was a concern. I've done a few jobs with it at home and for my parents and it's a great tool. negligible vibrations compared to petrol (I get numb hands easily from vibrating tools even with thick gloves). Neglible noise too and that noise is only when you're actually cutting, that's especially noticeable when using the saw as you spend a lot more time maneuvering than actually cutting.

Weight wise I can only compare it to my father's cheap pro-plus petrol kit, it's lighter, but not massively so. Because it's electric as opposed to petrol there's no exhaust you can hold it in ways you could never hold a petrol too. when doing high work you can walk with it pointing straight up in the air, strap over your shoulder and the motor resting against your leg.

In terms of power I've not found it lacking at all, I've cut branches up to 4 inches in diameter with ease. Runtime wise I've yet to time it but I've not had an issue with the battery life, I got a second battery thinking it would be an idea, but thus far I've not needed it, one battery creates more than enough mess to clean up while it's charging.

I'll update again in a few months as I've a lot of work needs doing, but so far I strongly reccomend.
How is it faring? I need to invest in something to tame some hedges around the house and a bit of strimming around ditches.

It's been quiet this last while I've been working indoors. You're welcome to come over and test drive it some evening

We were originally looking for a hedgtrimmer but I'm very glad we went with the kombi unit. The pole saw has probably ended up getting more use. It's a very capable bit of kit. Very happy with it.

20220606_170857.jpg

We were originally looking for a hedgtrimmer but I'm very glad we went with the kombi unit. The pole saw has probably ended up getting more use. It's a very capable bit of kit. Very happy with it.

View attachment 108316
You won’t be sorry with that one anyway! Serious power in those 131. They don’t have a “normal” strimmer high pitch scream noise it’s more a deep thundery growl or something

You won’t be sorry with that one anyway! Serious power in those 131. They don’t have a “normal” strimmer high pitch scream noise it’s more a deep thundery growl or something
Yeah we've had it a few months. Very impressed by it. It sounds like I'm holding a small straight piped engine or something🤣 Lovely hum out of it to be fair.

Yeah we've had it a few months. Very impressed by it. It sounds like I'm holding a small straight piped engine or something🤣 Lovely hum out of it to be fair.
It’s an awful lot nicer to listen too than the normal sort, just something very different to it. The 111 is the same too,

Thinking of buying a DeWalt long reach 18v chainsaw.about 260 euro.
I have a lot of DeWalt gear and batteries already.
I have the longreach and standard hedge trimmers already and happy with them.
Easy on battery too.
One 5ah battery does any job I ever do.

It's the KM131R
Thanks, looks a great job, how have you found it so far..?

is it heavy as a pole saw, and enough power for what you’ve used it for ?

I take it she comes bare and you have to buy the attachments separate, sorry for all the questions 👍

Last edited:
Thanks, looks a great job, how have you found it so far..?

is it heavy as a pole saw, and enough power for what you’ve used it for ?

I take it she comes bare and you have to buy the attachments separate, sorry for all the questions 👍
I have found it to be a great bit of kit to be fair to it. Not lacking in power. We have the hedgetrimmer and pole saw attachment for it and the 1 metre extension as well. You definitely need that to get the most out of the pole saw. I find it cuts very well and it's surprising what it will cut but I wouldn't want to dog it either.

There is a bit of weight to it but I don't find it too taxing. In saying that I wouldn't be giving it to the aul lad to use for the day. We got a harness with it but I'm not sure if he threw it in as part of the deal or it actually comes with the kombi engine. It's quite good for taking the weight off your arms though so I would recommend it.

Yes we bought the engine and parts separately but they came from the same place and your man was sound to deal with which is always a plus. Any more questions feel free to ask.

I have found it to be a great bit of kit to be fair to it. Not lacking in power. We have the hedgetrimmer and pole saw attachment for it and the 1 metre extension as well. You definitely need that to get the most out of the pole saw. I find it cuts very well and it's surprising what it will cut but I wouldn't want to dog it either.

There is a bit of weight to it but I don't find it too taxing. In saying that I wouldn't be giving it to the aul lad to use for the day. We got a harness with it but I'm not sure if he threw it in as part of the deal or it actually comes with the kombi engine. It's quite good for taking the weight off your arms though so I would recommend it.

Yes we bought the engine and parts separately but they came from the same place and your man was sound to deal with which is always a plus. Any more questions feel free to ask.

Just spotted the sticker on it, sound lads and know what’s what in fairness to them.
The engine can be a tiny bit heavy but I think I it helps balance the saw a bit. It does get heavy eventually though!

We’ve only a tanaka one here at home and I definitely wish we had got the 1m extension for it, with out it it’s actually hard enough to cut bows to clear cabs as they tend to hang down so where you need to cut them is a good bit higher than you realise at first

Many thanks for the reply, will go check it out. Hired out stihls pole saw and did find it heavy going after a few hours but I think a better quality harness might improve that, great bit of kit though

pole saw and Strimmer mainly is what I’ll want it for, was intrigued at the blower attachment

@Danube 👍

Back