hyd colour coded fittings

jd-baz

last week at lamma I seen on the claas stand on their display they had a packet of colour coded hyd fittings,it was to identify different pipes on machines that would be fitted to the same tractor each time.
looking for some on the net but cant seem to find them
they were a fitting about 2 inch long,and you put them in just before the male quick release fittings with male thread on one end and female on the other side.
came in green blue and red,
have a few machines here that take 6 hyd pipes , and I use coloured cable ties to sort them out,but thought these were a nice touch,
any one any idea where id get a set?did a google and cant seem to find much.

i seen them at agritechnica, a red and blue one, nicely anodised with a little collar and a knurl on the stock.
i have a pic on the putter, but it got cooked by lightening a few weeks ago.
iirc i have all the pics saved on an external hard drive and i think the bro will be up here at the weekend so we might fish them out for the new putter.
ill get you a name then when we do get them restored.
but maybe someone else will sort you out before that.

yea tyring to look up a gates catalog here at the minute,but will try again tonight.
just let others know its not these im looking for.

Attachments

• HG-3T.jpg
    HG-3T.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 97
when he gave me the price of them, i neither thought it dear or cheap iirc.
but it was up there all the same.
altho, they are well made all the same.

i use colored cable ties here tho, one on the spool of the tractor and a corresponding one on the hyd pipe, its a good job, just dosent look as fancy as the right thing tho.
but works just as well.

yea tyring to look up a gates catalog here at the minute,but will try again tonight.
just let others know its not these im looking for.
Is that kind in the pic meant as grip to make connecting easier ,the sprayers got 6 1/4 pipes here Their a bugger to get a hold of

when he gave me the price of them, i neither thought it dear or cheap iirc.
but it was up there all the same.
altho, they are well made all the same.

i use colored cable ties here tho, one on the spool of the tractor and a corresponding one on the hyd pipe, its a good job, just dosent look as fancy as the right thing tho.
but works just as well.

I got a pile of different coloured plastic key ring labels and cable tied them to the pipes . But the fendt uses three colours and + and - . but the class uses numbered spool levers and different colours for the up and down ports .
On the class I set up the levers for the Hook Lift so when they are all forward you are fit to travel with bin forward locked and down . The fendt is set so that if - is pushed the bin is forward locked and down ..
There is no way I could get a common labeling system that would match the two tractors .

You're all getting very high tech. I have coloured insulating tape marking the flow pipes and cable tie pairs together. I'd fold them a certain way taking them off so I know which hose is for what, leave them to the left or right of the drawbar of the machine or something. And before anyone says tape won't last there are yokes here that have the same tape marking them for ten years or more. It works fine as long as no chimps get involved :whistle:

I got a pile of different coloured plastic key ring labels and cable tied them to the pipes . But the fendt uses three colours and + and - . but the class uses numbered spool levers and different colours for the up and down ports .
On the class I set up the levers for the Hook Lift so when they are all forward you are fit to travel with bin forward locked and down . The fendt is set so that if - is pushed the bin is forward locked and down ..
There is no way I could get a common labeling system that would match the two tractors .
let me introduce you to this bad boy.....

http://global.dymo.com/enGB/ProductAccessories/RHINO_5200.html

Coloured cable ties here, + stick a black tie on the pressure side hose(corresponding to pulling the spool lever towards you)

I saw what [MENTION=2656]jd-baz[/MENTION] was on about on a factory trip somewhere , think it was lemken but someone informed me they were special order but I'm sure there are spurious ones somewhere .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know the cable ties are doing the job,but just thought these would be a nice touch for the new plough,
I doubt they would be crazy money,
was even thinking of different colours of heat shrink,but then they wouldn't be able to tell power from return,with out the use of a cable tie

I know the cable ties are doing the job,but just thought these would be a nice touch for the new plough,
was even thinking of different colours of heat shrink,but then they wouldn't be able to tell power from return,with out the use of a cable tie
Could use short and long heat shrink for different sides?

iirc they were somewhere between 30-40 euro each.
have one for the workshop great if you have the time when putting away parts
i find more and more uses for it every time i use it.
not wild dear for what it can do.

a number of cable ties corresponding to the position of the connector on the tractor(they are 4 in line left to right) plus an extra one back a bit on the pipe to denote which one of the pair goes on top works for me anyway.

Have seen those handlebar grip type on a Rolland trailer, I'd say meath farm machinery would do them as the trailer came from there

Cable ties are ok, but if you are connecting them a lot they don't last,

It's a pity tractor makers don't make all the spools universal colours and fit them in order, same makes with different models can even have the spools in a different order, as in the + and - could be side by side or one on top of the order,

I knew my German colleagues had done something else on hydraulic fittings to make identifying stuff easier. The Kennfixx got the better marks between the two.

These are the two makes they featured

€40 for these ones http://www.schlauchgriff.de/

€39.70 for these http://www.k-m-hydrauliksysteme.de/produkte/agrartechnik/kupplungen.php
thats the ones bazz is looking for, the kennfixx ones, christ i searched the net for them lastnight but couldnt find them or blinkin remember the name of them.

thats the ones bazz is looking for, the kennfixx ones, christ i searched the net for them lastnight but couldnt find them or blinkin remember the name of them.

I knew they had done some bits like this lately but was struggling to find the right mag to get the details. We haven't used it in our mag as I don't know if they are available over here.

Back