I'm Looking For...

Emg12

Looking for silage wrapper. Conor or mchale. Not looking for a mint one bit decent respectable one with a reasonable bale count. Budget is around the 4000 all in but may go bit more if right one appeared. Have been through donedeal with fine tooth comb and nothing that suits. Maybe someone knows of one going.

declanc304

Is there many lads that can repair orbital units? A lad i was supposed to bring it to this morning cant do it till next week now and i dont want to have to refit it and take it back out sunday

scoffcruddle

Is there many lads that can repair orbital units? A lad i was supposed to bring it to this morning cant do it till next week now and i dont want to have to refit it and take it back out sunday
Took the orbital off my dads 2650 and cleaned all the shite out of it,went back and worked a treat,told him to change the filters and he didn’t,2 years later it started doing the same.

declanc304

Took the orbital off my dads 2650 and cleaned all the shite out of it,went back and worked a treat,told him to change the filters and he didn’t,2 years later it started doing the same.
Is there much to taking them apart? I was told theres a certain way to put a tool in to keep it all in line

JD 3140T

Does anyone know where I'd get a thermostat housing for my leyland 2100 was told the 6cylinder and 4cylinder were the same. Seen a leak today put the socket on and then I could see the crack when I removed the bolt the bit fell off 🤬🤬.seems like cast iron could it be welded with mig or just replace?

jf 850

Does anyone know where I'd get a thermostat housing for my leyland 2100 was told the 6cylinder and 4cylinder were the same. Seen a leak today put the socket on and then I could see the crack when I removed the bolt the bit fell off 🤬🤬.seems like cast iron could it be welded with mig or just replace?

@MF30 ?

JD 3140T

I might have one, can you post a photo of yours. Something tells me there was an early 4 bolt housing. Think there might be a two hole one here in the stores. They can be cast iron welded or try the mig and some Dirko sealant rubbed into the weld either.
Thanks MF30 it's a 4 bolt will get photos tomorrow

MF30

used the roadrunner order stuff from you ? you,re not ACME by any chance :smile:
Must start stamping packages I send out with ACME, that’d get heads scratching...
On a different line I noticed in the last few weeks while filling orders for UK customers that they have really nice names to their farms. Rarely any farms around here have a name followed by Farm. All the UK farms seem to have names going back generations, think it’s a nice touch.

MF30

Is this any good?
On looking at that maybe it was the early pre 4/98 engines had the two hole housing. Must be a four hole housing I have then. Will have a root in the morning.

JD 3140T

I might have one, can you post a photo of yours. Something tells me there was an early 4 bolt housing. Think there might be a two hole one here in the stores. They can be cast iron welded or try the mig and some Dirko sealant rubbed into the weld either.
Thanks for advice on welding took off and mig weld it .all back and working 20210411_104644.jpg20210411_112039.jpg

JD 3140T

Dart of frost ?
Is the 2100 in regular use?
They would have been reasonably popular around here in the 80s , as cheap power , but the clutch problems would have seen them being moved on many years ago.
A lovely sweet running engine .
No wasn't frost there must have been dirt or excess sealant in the stud hole, I seen a little weep yesterday as soon as I went to thigh n it snapped. Bought it with clutch problems. Replace d the rubber bushion with steel and she never stopped. Mixing Slurry, mower , balin it used to cut both single and double chop years ago we do all bales now. It's a bit different. Was told the PTO in it was 450 rpm and 750rpm it was bought to run some sort of grain dryer when new. We used to have Nuffield s when I was younger.