I'm Looking For...

Masseyrk662

I wonder where I would get a cheap pto cover for the fusion 2? 200 plus vat for just the back piece I’m getting priced at the minute, don’t want to spent too much on it I’ll be definitely shifting it the end of this year

MF30

The slip clutch baler side is perfect I just seen the plate behind the balls split this morning. Who sells the half side any make should I be looking for. Thanks
Bernard Byrne combines had the half you're looking for, think it was for a McHale baler. Genuine new Waltershield shaft it was. Could be a year ago now but it wouldn't be a fast moving part.

TAFKAT

You'd be as well on go and get the right cover.
If anything ever happened you'd never forgive yourself
I left the baler in to the dealer to be serviced a couple of weeks ago, I told them to put a new PTO cover on it, I didn't even ask the price of it. It will more than likely be it's last season with me.

Masseyrk662

I started from scratch on my own and it took me 19 years to get to a Fendt, and a 2nd-hand one at that. If I skimped on PTO covers in the meantime I might have got there sooner, or I might not have got there at all.
I was only having the craic with the fendt comment. I would never have a machine out without a PTO cover ever, 3 years ago the shaft broke on a baler and I got the shaft off a friends wagon but the covers wouldn’t fit so instead of running it without a cover I rang another contractor to do a few customers work. I have cheap covers on a good few machines, hedge cutter, fert spreader, tankers, power harrow and trailed mower are all on cheap covers. Anyone can identify a cheap cover, for one I noticed they are always black instead of yellow. The only difference I noticed with the cheap ones is they don’t last as long but in saying that I have only had to change one once on the power harrow and because they are cheap you can have them left in the shed. I just want to see if I can get a cover a bit cheaper than paying 600 plus vat for a new one for a machine that will do one months work before it goes, no-ones safety will be put at risk.

Masseyrk662

That’s a spurious one I put on the mower last year, it was 220 cheaper than the genuine one, it’s doing the job every bit as good as a genuine one, this mower might not see grass twice this summer

Attachments

• 98D9FDDF-4559-4B82-9554-1DE58E097868.jpeg
    98D9FDDF-4559-4B82-9554-1DE58E097868.jpeg
    484.8 KB · Views: 60

TAFKAT

I was only having the craic with the fendt comment. I would never have a machine out without a PTO cover ever, 3 years ago the shaft broke on a baler and I got the shaft off a friends wagon but the covers wouldn’t fit so instead of running it without a cover I rang another contractor to do a few customers work. I have cheap covers on a good few machines, hedge cutter, fert spreader, tankers, power harrow and trailed mower are all on cheap covers. Anyone can identify a cheap cover, for one I noticed they are always black instead of yellow. The only difference I noticed with the cheap ones is they don’t last as long but in saying that I have only had to change one once on the power harrow and because they are cheap you can have them left in the shed. I just want to see if I can get a cover a bit cheaper than paying 600 plus vat for a new one for a machine that will do one months work before it goes, no-ones safety will be put at risk.
It's a wonder the same place haven't one for the Fusion so?

Masseyrk662

But the PTO covers all come from the same place?? I think the Bare Co covers are a good job and a lot of the bits are interchangeable, I don't think they're mad money either.
Ya I usually get as much parts off the Mchale dealer as a neighbour works there and it’s a handy way of getting bits home, had to go else where for tractor mud Gaurds also, I think the massey genuine mud Gaurds (plastic bit) were a couple of hundred Euro and the spurious ones were a fraction of the cost, also beacon poles note for anyone buying a beacon pole a genuine massey beacon pole (just the hollow steel piping) is 180 Euro, a spurious one is about 30 Euro.
ya a few have mentioned to me about them covers I must look into them thanks.

TAFKAT

Ya I usually get as much parts off the Mchale dealer as a neighbour works there and it’s a handy way of getting bits home, had to go else where for tractor mud Gaurds also, I think the massey genuine mud Gaurds (plastic bit) were a couple of hundred Euro and the spurious ones were a fraction of the cost, also beacon poles note for anyone buying a beacon pole a genuine massey beacon pole (just the hollow steel piping) is 180 Euro, a spurious one is about 30 Euro.
ya a few have mentioned to me about them covers I must look into them thanks.
You'd want to get busier with the hedgecutter :whistle:

Masseyrk662

Have you guards on the hedgecutting tractor(s)? Have you a few of them?
Ah no that was only a joke, only broke 3 windows ever and they were all from mowing. Only own one hedge cutter, usually it has a cage but it was on a different tractor this year than the one it’s normally on so the old cage wouldn’t fit, used it this year without cage but should have a cage now for next September, although I find the little squares wreck my head

TAFKAT

Ah no that was only a joke, only broke 3 windows ever and they were all from mowing. Only own one hedge cutter, usually it has a cage but it was on a different tractor this year than the one it’s normally on so the old cage wouldn’t fit, used it this year without cage but should have a cage now for next September, although I find the little squares wreck my head
I wouldn't have a clue, the last hedgecutter I drove was a PA93 on a Ford 6700 back in the last century. It had a cage though, that fell off at regular intervals.

Masseyrk662

I wouldn't have a clue, the last hedgecutter I drove was a PA93 on a Ford 6700 back in the last century. It had a cage though, that fell off at regular intervals.
Dad had a pa93 as well a good machine, have a spearhead here now bought it new in 2018 it’s okay but I don’t think mcconnell are anything special either, if I got a full time job teaching I’d let the main driver take over hedge cutting and slurry himself, I wouldn’t be sorry either

TAFKAT

Dad had a pa93 as well a good machine, have a spearhead here now bought it new in 2018 it’s okay but I don’t think mcconnell are anything special either, if I got a full time job teaching I’d let the main driver take over hedge cutting and slurry himself, I wouldn’t be sorry either
I'm the main driver here, it's what I make my living out of. Is your father deceased? Or retired?

Masseyrk662

I'm the main driver here, it's what I make my living out of. Is your father deceased? Or retired?
He’s semi retired, on hire he does all the grassland spraying hire work and a bit of hedge cutting in the winter and then the rest of the year he lives in the teleporter and no-one else is aloud near that under any circumstances 😂 but that’s all he likes to do along with his own farming, his love of hire work and machinery is long gone I can’t blame him either it’s a tough life as you well know.