I'm Looking For...

Cavanaghs Fermoy are very good for combines, I presume they'd still have stuff of that vintage, I'm sitting here waiting on stuff at the moment
Yes, they get all of their combine parts from Cavanaghs. They are very helpful and give a great service. However, he was in contact with them but they have no concaves in stock at the moment anyway. They were saying to get the old one rebuilt.

Thanks for that ,J.

The 12 ft looks OK to me . An uncle bought a new KP 12 x 7 steel low carts tipper in November 1975 in EV Condell Portlaoise. I don't know what it cost . Its still there , got new sides folded for it maybe 10 years ago . Doesn't do much now , the owner is nearly 87 now , 4 or 5 loads of turf and maybe the same of dung . But did a lot of work for the first 5 or 6 years , drawing stuff from a JCB 3C .
It has a folded sort of triangular drawbar , welded under the channel part at the back .
There's 2 of those10X6 KP's locally, one has timber dropsides and has the steel silage sides, top canopy and mesh tailgate with the fold up bottom section, the others is dropsides only in steel, I know the one with the silage sides is in original yellow paint so might get a look to see if the KP marking is still visible, they both have the combined ring and clevis hitch and the folding stand that you had to reverse back against to get it to stay down when dropping them off, remember using one behind a Kidd double chop with the fishtail slam hitch and if you didnt hit it bang on the trailer would run back but sometimes the stand would fold and end up with the drawbar on the ground.

Could I ask the good members of this group for some assistance please, especially the combine men?
My combine man is currently going through his trusty New Holland 1520 combine harvester in earnest for the upcoming harvest.
Close inspection has revealed the concave to be in poor order.
Would anyone have a recommendation of where one might source a new concave, or failing that option, of someone who could rebuild the existing concave?
Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

I’d contact Bernard ByrnÉ combines , bought a grain pan for a 1520 of him and put it in my m122. He would surely have one or could get it. Lovely clean one there 👍

I’d contact Bernard ByrnÉ combines , bought a grain pan for a 1520 of him and put it in my m122. He would surely have one or could get it. Lovely clean one there 👍
They were actually speaking to Byrnes during the week, but he has nothing to suit at the moment. It is a very well minded combine alright, one of a pair of New Holland 1520's (8' and 10' cuts), plus a John Deere 955 and a trailed Dania. The John Deere is also getting a new concave this year too. Do you have any photos of your M122?

Attachments

• IMG_8355.jpg
    IMG_8355.jpg
    371.7 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_8361.jpg
    IMG_8361.jpg
    322.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0373.jpg
    IMG_0373.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 40
They were actually speaking to Byrnes during the week, but he has nothing to suit at the moment. It is a very well minded combine alright, one of a pair of New Holland 1520's (8' and 10' cuts), plus a John Deere 955 and a trailed Dania. The John Deere is also getting a new concave this year too. Do you have any photos of your M122?
That is a well kept collection of combines.

There is very few that sell a mower because it was going too good.
Its hard to get a mower of any sort that hasnt went round the world two or three times tbh.
A tidy one at the right money could be like trying to find false teeth for a hen.
I'm sure there is one out there somewhere but finding it is the one.

for what it's worth, personally I'd never have anything here with an oval disc, stick to round ones, it will serve you better in the long run especially when your considering it for topping.

Tbh, if it was me, id be looking at something new in a quality brand, drop the 4k as a deposit and put the rest out on finance over a few years, its good for the tax bill and at least you'd know what you have, take care of it and it would see you out.
That mightnt be what you want to hear but it might be the wisest move.
The day you buy is the day you sell imo.
Said I better update this when we got a wet day !

Went with your approach in the end .Looked at numerous mowers and the price of s/h ones was crazy compared to new .Anything that was fresh or newer than 2015 ish was 80% plus of new price .

Bought this a little while ago .Have about 30 acres mowed and maybe 150 topped so far .Nice mower if a little heavy compared to other makes .20220624_153150.jpg20220624_153701.jpg

Went with your approach in the end .Looked at numerous mowers and the price of s/h ones was crazy compared to new .Anything that was fresh or newer than 2015 ish was 80% plus of new price .

Bought this a little while ago .Have about 30 acres mowed and maybe 150 topped so far .Nice mower if a little heavy compared to other makes .View attachment 109466View attachment 109467

@Mf240 bought a similar mower in 2021. Krone make decent mowers

Bought this a little while ago .Have about 30 acres mowed and maybe 150 topped so far .Nice mower if a little heavy compared to other makes .View attachment 109466View attachment 109467
Health to wear Paddy, nice buy.

I’m thinking of getting a flail head for the digger. It’s an ex120-5. Anything to look out for or know? Does a head off a tractor hedgecutter work?

I’m thinking of getting a flail head for the digger. It’s an ex120-5. Anything to look out for or know? Does a head off a tractor hedgecutter work?

The flail head that our local digger men have , would chop up a tractor hedgecutter flail head .

Not saying that you couldn't get one to work on a digger but I couldn't see it staying working for long .

The flail head that our local digger men have , would chop up a tractor hedgecutter flail head .

Not saying that you couldn't get one to work on a digger but I couldn't see it staying working for long .

That’s probably a mulcher. They’re expensive yokes. I just need it for tipping around fields and under wire.

That’s probably a mulcher. They’re expensive yokes. I just need it for tipping around fields and under wire.
Been there done that, sold flail on again. Too slow to get round a field.
In my opinion digger mounted flails/ mulcher only good for clearing back really overgrown hedges or scrub. Or very steep/ very wet ground.Tractor mounted hedgecutter for normal growth.

I’m looking for a pair of depth wheels for a Kongskilde Vibroflex. The tyres are good but I need good wheels and stub shafts.

After a 2nd hand garden tiller/rotavator. Since his retirement, dad decided to make a little garden patch. Can't justify the price of a new one. Said if a 50inch rotavator for the 135 can be got, he'd take that but d'mother said he needs something to do and shouldnt have something so big

After a 2nd hand garden tiller/rotavator. Since his retirement, dad decided to make a little garden patch. Can't justify the price of a new one. Said if a 50inch rotavator for the 135 can be got, he'd take that but d'mother said he needs something to do and shouldnt have something so big
How big an area?
I bought this last year, mostly for braking up tilthing compost in vegetable beds but did use it for doing a neighbours lawn.

How big an area?
I bought this last year, mostly for braking up tilthing compost in vegetable beds but did use it for doing a neighbours lawn.

Electric one is no use. Where he has the patch is behind a machinery shed. No where near an electric outlet. It's not a big area either
60" would be more common.
They would. Dad knew where a 50" was but has long been departed

Back