I'm Looking For...

Is ur budget ex vat? You’ll get a ‘18/19 7718 50k for less than 80k, or a ‘15/‘16 Fendt 716 for the 80k mark aswell.
Two good tractors.

yeah I’m vat registered alright

I hadn’t thought about MF to be honest, a 7718 looks a fine tractor alright

Looking for a tractor to do a lot of trailer road work. So power, comfort and a bit of speed are the requirements.

not fussed on brand per say, have NH in the yard already so most knowledgable on them but not married to them either

I suppose 160 hp upwards, budget is in the 70k region

so what do people think is the best tractor for doing a lot of road work and what would you go for with that money?

Usually when I hear the term, doing allot of road work, I usually think of lorries. Obvs would depend on what sort of a job you have in mind for it. But I have shifted allot of material over the years much cheaper hiring in rigid and artics than doing the job myself

Comfortable on the road pulling a trailer?
It’ll do over 55k with the cab and front suspension they are a comfortable tractor, I think they are easy to drive and I always use auto drive when doing road work it changes gear it self, we have a 7715 which is 155 hp I v pleased with, but not as many second hand as the 7718. But definitely worth a look.

Usually when I hear the term, doing allot of road work, I usually think of lorries. Obvs would depend on what sort of a job you have in mind for it. But I have shifted allot of material over the years much cheaper hiring in rigid and artics than doing the job myself

no doubt about it on a truck, but I can hook the baler on a tractor in summer and put a loader on it for the winter. And this is for a project that might not lead to much in the end.

so going down the tractor route for the first few years at least

It’ll do over 55k with the cab and front suspension they are a comfortable tractor, I think they are easy to drive and I always use auto drive when doing road work it changes gear it self, we have a 7715 which is 155 hp I v pleased with, but not as many second hand as the 7718. But definitely worth a look.

massey were dead and buried in this area for a long time, but they seem to be making a comeback, so I should really check them out, thanks

Anyone any thoughts on this for the road? Would the brakes be a problem with 60k?

https://www.witheridgegarage.com/deutz-7250ttv-60kph-cw-front-linkage
sure if the tractor was specced at 60k, brakes would be too. comes with front brakes too so that will help and sure the 4wd brakes are there too so no worries

https://www.atkins.ie/farm-machiner...-ut241752?returnurl=/farm-machinery/tractors/
on the bigger side of things. saw it in carrigrohane other day when getting the baler clock. be some bus

I have a man looking for a loading shovel to load and push grain if anyone spots anything, I think he wouldn't consider anything other than a Volvo or JCB.

Back