I'm Looking For...

Friend is looking for a tractor with loader, 4 cylinder budget 40inc vat maybe a little more. Passenger seat front suspension if possible. 100 135hp ISH. As clean and low hours as possible

Go way. Is that a Dooley. It was sitting in a lads yard in Cavan who used to draw waste paint from wellmans. He has another k&p trailer which he wants around the same money for it but the floor is rotten in it.
Was the floor good in that Dooley?

Won't have much joy getting wheels for that trailer I reckon. 750x20 or around that I'd say and not common.
There's a set lying in the yard that will fit it that are in good nick. They've been there for ages, think they came off an old milk wagon or bale trailer. My lucks turning around 🤣

On the topic of dooleys here's another one in Cavan which sold only a few months ago at the ballyjamesduff auctions for if I remember correctly 700 euro. There is another one down the road identical that belongs to your man who was the first owner of my 135. Wonder what's the deal with all these old dooleys in Cavan.

Won't have much joy getting wheels for that trailer I reckon. 750x20 or around that I'd say and not common.

Those look like 7.50 x 16 . A trailer exact same , but only low sides ,1/2 a mile away on similar. But an uncle of mine had one on 8.25 x 20 twins . Changed to super singles .

Know of one that was bought in need of repair . Several mechanics and lots of parts later . It still sits in need of more repair.
Looking for a skidsteer. Ideally New Holland but other makes considered. LS160 or bigger and newer. Has to have enclosed cab and heater.

I'd consider anything of an appropriate size, even in need of repair.

When it was bought it wouldnt start . Had been parked awhile . Not 100% on this but it starts and boom function`s work but will not move . Has cost a few pound so far .
Any idea what kind of stuff went wrong with it?

If I find something we'll have an LX565 for sale. Only reason it's going is we want one with an enclosed cab and heater.

On the topic of dooleys here's another one in Cavan which sold only a few months ago at the ballyjamesduff auctions for if I remember correctly 700 euro. There is another one down the road identical that belongs to your man who was the first owner of my 135. Wonder what's the deal with all these old dooleys in Cavan.

Are you sure they are Dooley trailers? I know there was a trailer manufacturer either in Kingscourt or Shercock Co.Cavan called Rowntree Trailers. We have one at home and the way I know them is that the chasis rails are at an angle and welded together at the front to make the drawbar.

Are you sure they are Dooley trailers? I know there was a trailer manufacturer either in Kingscourt or Shercock Co.Cavan called Rowntree Trailers. We have one at home and the way I know them is that the chasis rails are at an angle and welded together at the front to make the drawbar.

The 1 st one strikes me as a Dooley. I might get a picture of a similar one in the next few days . The 2nd , I wouldnt be so sure about.

I thought they were made by rowntrees too but everyone's telling me here that that first one anyway is a Dooley and the first one is identical to that one on done deal. I reckon they're rowntrees too but I've been proven wrong about a lot of things lately so I'm not in much of a position to argue.

The 1 st one strikes me as a Dooley. I might get a picture of a similar one in the next few days . The 2nd , I wouldnt be so sure about.
The second one has the same Chasis and body as me and me uncle that has the first went to look at it at the ballyjamesduff auctions. He reckons the 2 are rowntrees but also reckons my tractor was sold new with the cab that's on it so you can understand why I'm sceptical.

I thought they were made by rowntrees too but everyone's telling me here that that first one anyway is a Dooley and the first one is identical to that one on done deal. I reckon they're rowntrees too but I've been proven wrong about a lot of things lately so I'm not in much of a position to argue.

Cavan is less than 3 hrs from Dooley’s by car no matter which way you go, and ye are on about trailers that are heading on for 30year old, they could have changed hands many times over the years and moved further up the country with each change. Its not uncommon to see the likes of an older kane trailer in cork and their made up north so it’s hardly that big a jump that a trailer from Kilkenny could make it to Cavan.

it’s also highly possibly that they are rowntrees, and that the build is almost identical to a Dooley. There’s not really that many different ways to build a trailer at the end of the day. A treacy and a Gillespie also look very similar too

Cavan is less than 3 hrs from Dooley’s by car no matter which way you go, and ye are on about trailers that are heading on for 30year old, they could have changed hands many times over the years and moved further up the country with each change. Its not uncommon to see the likes of an older kane trailer in cork and their made up north so it’s hardly that big a jump that a trailer from Kilkenny could make it to Cavan.

it’s also highly possibly that they are rowntrees, and that the build is almost identical to a Dooley. There’s not really that many different ways to build a trailer at the end of the day. A treacy and a Gillespie also look very similar too
I'd say they're rowntrees, either way it's a pretty well built trailer at the end of the day.

Hey doing up a tractor here and I am looking for parking lights. To suit a wide mud gaurd of a fiat 450. Something off a universal 445 would suit also. Can get replicas but want to see if anything original is about.,

Dooley trailers made their way down here in their droves in the 70s
2 local merchants bought fleets off them possibly around that time, one got a few new steel bodied ones in the early 90’s the other rebuilt a go of them. We’ve one of them here and it has the number 59 on the drawbar, I’m not sure wether that was just a random number or if they did actually number them consecutively.
One had no tipping pipes on the trailer just an odd fitting, when you pulled onto the weighbridge there was a few pipes hanging at the side you picked it up tipped your load and left it back

Any idea what kind of stuff went wrong with it?

If I find something we'll have an LX565 for sale. Only reason it's going is we want one with an enclosed cab and heater.
What kind of work do you use it for, would it handle a bale of silage

A lot of trailers like that were home made years ago and they near all looked the same.
Was there some crowd making Cedan trailers once upon a time.

Back