I'm Looking For...

Hey doing up a tractor here and I am looking for parking lights. To suit a wide mud gaurd of a fiat 450. Something off a universal 445 would suit also. Can get replicas but want to see if anything original is about.,

Started on the universal at home, there's a man in or outside ballinasloe, used to be a dealer for universal getting us engine parts. Curly is his name, i can get you the number if you want, he's to ring me anyway in the next few days.

Another man I know refurbished a universal a few months back, made a great job of it too, he bought all the parts of a man in turkey, said it took a few weeks for it to come but all was spot on. I get contact details but probably won't be there now for 2 weeks.

What kind of work do you use it for, would it handle a bale of silage

I fed 4 bales of silage with it this evening. A heavy bale and it's at its limit and it won't stack bales with the likes of a McHale bale handler - the bale is just that bit too far away unless it's super light.

We use it mostly for feeding silage and meal with an auger bucket, during the winter. General handling all year round.

Started on the universal at home, there's a man in or outside ballinasloe, used to be a dealer for universal getting us engine parts. Curly is his name, i can get you the number if you want, he's to ring me anyway in the next few days.

Another man I know refurbished a universal a few months back, made a great job of it too, he bought all the parts of a man in turkey, said it took a few weeks for it to come but all was spot on. I get contact details but probably won't be there now for 2 weeks.
Appreciate that thanks lad.

Just looking for the brush part, hoping to get a frame made in such a way that I can use it on linkage or the 6 ton Hitachi.

He has made them for pallet forks , linkage , you name it.
Mightnt be cheap , but we'll made.

I have his brothers and fathers phone no , but not his .
Agrispec in Rathdowney have a 5ft tine grab as part of their ad .
€2000 , and was sold within 2 hours of going on display.

A bit like your Lynch trailer .
You could have bought a Fleming ,
But with yours you have a trailer .
With the Fleming , you think you have a trailer.

I think they would put whatever linkage you want on one . We have one this good few years.
have something similar from a different company here but can either be put on the back of a tractor you can use the pallet forks. i thought dad should've got it with manitou brackets but too late for that now. its a grand brush. it gets its use cleaning the yard and more importantly the slats so we can get to the grates to mix the slurry although, you'd have to use it both ways as the bristles tend to bend in the direction most used

Curley in Kiltormer, wow that’s a blast from the past!
Was doing tumosan last time I heard his name might have been the main importer? I recall many many years ago doing UTB/universals.

Curley in Kiltormer, wow that’s a blast from the past!
Was doing tumosan last time I heard his name might have been the main importer? I recall many many years ago doing UTB/universals.

Many many moons ago ?
Universals were in their heyday , sales wise , from about 1973 to 1980 . Know of 1 that was bought new in 1990 . Could be a 703 ?
Paddy Delaney Ballaghmore Co Laoise would have sold lots of them.
Curleys would have sold a lot of green single cylinder Steyrs , back in the 1950s .

Many many moons ago ?
Universals were in their heyday , sales wise , from about 1973 to 1980 . Know of 1 that was bought new in 1990 . Could be a 703 ?
Paddy Delaney Ballaghmore Co Laoise would have sold lots of them.
Curleys would have sold a lot of green single cylinder Steyrs , back in the 1950s .
Yeah I drove 530's and 630's that came from Curleys. I worked for a small contactor near home carting with a 630 (Had an 8x8 manual shuttle box only one I have seen with it, handle identical to hand throttle one on left-hand side) and 12x 7 silage trailers that would have been circa 1996-97 and the tractor was a good 20 years old at that stage I think. That's a few moons ago...to me anyway.

I recall seeing Curleys having a few of the new at the time larger sized models on a stand at the horse show in Ballinasloe must have been 1988-89 I suppose. they had a cab shaped like a fiat 880 cant recall the models red bonnet and dark grey cabs.
Edit just found a pic of something similar
1605386187241.png

Yeah I drove 530's and 630's that came from Curleys. I worked for a small contactor near home carting with a 630 (Had an 8x8 manual shuttle box only one I have seen with it, handle identical to hand throttle one on left-hand side) and 12x 7 silage trailers that would have been circa 1996-97 and the tractor was a good 20 years old at that stage I think. That's a few moons ago...to me anyway.
I recall seeing Curleys having a few of the new at the time larger sized models on a stand at the horse show in Ballinasloe must have been 1988-89 I suppose. they had a cab shaped like a fiat 880 cant recall the models red bonnet and dark grey cabs.

The father/grandfather of the lad i mentioned making the brush and silage grabs , bought a sh Universal 445 for handy money around 1980. It gave phenomenal service, for small money.
They then bought a 550 , but that wasn't half as good a tractor.
A lot of communist manufactured things were like that . Some well put together , and others thrown together .
I remember a man buying a Universal 650 around 1985 , for £1000 . It was a big lump of a tractor .

The 630 I used to drive was around same size as a Massey 178 which we had at the time, was a bit lighter built but was a phenomoly good tractor. Weakest thing was rough brakes and the pick up hitch was abismal.

I'm looking for the connector that connects to the bulb on the headlight of the ford 5030. It has spade connectors on it that the wires connect into. It connects onto the 3 spades of the bulb to operate both dims and full lights. I have been searching and can't find one anywhere.

I'm looking for the connector that connects to the bulb on the headlight of the ford 5030. It has spade connectors on it that the wires connect into. It connects onto the 3 spades of the bulb to operate both dims and full lights. I have been searching and can't find one anywhere.

This it?

Do you mean a H4 bulb connector? I’m not sure if I’ve ever seen them non prewired

Guess I was a bit slow so 😂😂

Back