I'm Looking For...

When was the last time it had air and fuel filters? Maybe try some fuel additive? Fill the filter
No she be well serviced.he says there is a miss in her aswell.is it the like of dipetaine your thinking off marco.even when you take air filters out its not making a difference.lift pump was clean, injector pump seemed clean and fuel filter was good.as he said himself we don't have any bother with filters over the years

Give this crowd a ring, they'll do a swap on more common engines, they might have something and can confirm their work is good
He was ment to have done a ferg 20 diseal engine for me. Got it back and put it on. Was heading done the road one day and a a knocking noise came into her. I stopped up and pulled her home. He never torqued the nuts holding the pistons to the crankshaft.

He was ment to have done a ferg 20 diseal engine for me. Got it back and put it on. Was heading done the road one day and a a knocking noise came into her. I stopped up and pulled her home. He never torqued the nuts holding the pistons to the crankshaft.
Is he the same outfit as john Roberts or related.a neighbour and good friend of johns was a fencing contractor about 5 mile or less from me

Just wondering is there any where here that swaps a old engine for a reconditioned one.
It's a Perkins phaser 1004.4T ak 80908 industrial engine in the manitou 628 which seems not to common.
Just would be less down time swapping an engine than waiting for it to be done and come back.
Have no other way of filling the feeder.
Mechanic looked at it this morning.thinks it's alot more than injectors .about 9k hours.blue smoke smelling like paraffin and no power.nearly dies out closing the grab.there is no blow from filler cap or dipstick and isnt using oil ,it has been loosing power for a wee while but thought it would see the foddering out but theres 2.5mths left probaly
That engine should be in good order still, I've one here with double the hours on it and is still perfect with no oil consumption.

I would only ever send an engine to Tom.
Johnny's sons are now taking over and things are supposed to be changing, they seem good lads.

One of the Roberts has a good name while the other has average name. Not sure which is which.
A friend recently googled Roberts engines, he had brought engines to the better one before, when he rang he said hello X and your man just went along with it booked an engine in and only figured out afterwards it was the wrong number he had called, had to ring the better fella and tell him the story and see could he do it for him :laugh:

Just wondering is there any where here that swaps a old engine for a reconditioned one.
It's a Perkins phaser 1004.4T ak 80908 industrial engine in the manitou 628 which seems not to common.
Just would be less down time swapping an engine than waiting for it to be done and come back.
Have no other way of filling the feeder.
Mechanic looked at it this morning.thinks it's alot more than injectors .about 9k hours.blue smoke smelling like paraffin and no power.nearly dies out closing the grab.there is no blow from filler cap or dipstick and isnt using oil ,it has been loosing power for a wee while but thought it would see the foddering out but theres 2.5mths left probaly
I was always told a Perkins of your vintage would need a top end re-build around 8k hours,I’ve one here with an Ak build engine and it’s done over 10k hrs but smoking a bit now.

I was always told a Perkins of your vintage would need a top end re-build around 8k hours,I’ve one here with an Ak build engine and it’s done over 10k hrs but smoking a bit now.

It will smoke black a bit alright but even getting the injectors done at 10k hours made no difference to mine. As long as the smoke is black, not blue.

Have a Perkins in the loading shovel here almost 15k hrs and still going strong. Always had to watch oil level from new as she was prone to burn a drop.

No she be well serviced.he says there is a miss in her aswell.is it the like of dipetaine your thinking off marco.even when you take air filters out its not making a difference.lift pump was clean, injector pump seemed clean and fuel filter was good.as he said himself we don't have any bother with filters over the years

Did you check the filter inside the pump itself? Theres a boost diaphram inside some of them pumps that was known to fail and cause power loss.

Did a member have some roller sets for feeding a bandsaw on here maybe a year or so ago?
That might have been me. There was one's for sale in Monaghan but they were only for sale in bundles of ten and I only wanted two. I asked on here if anyone wanted to get some but there wasn't enough interest at the time to get all ten.
A couple of weeks later I saw one's sitting outside in an engineering place and I asked about them and they sold them to me. It worked out better as they had legs and all. The ones in Monaghan were the rollers only

Back