I'm Looking For...

Does anyone know where I'd get a thermostat housing for my leyland 2100 was told the 6cylinder and 4cylinder were the same. Seen a leak today put the socket on and then I could see the crack when I removed the bolt the bit fell off 🤬🤬.seems like cast iron could it be welded with mig or just replace?

Does anyone know where I'd get a thermostat housing for my leyland 2100 was told the 6cylinder and 4cylinder were the same. Seen a leak today put the socket on and then I could see the crack when I removed the bolt the bit fell off 🤬🤬.seems like cast iron could it be welded with mig or just replace?

@MF30 ?

I might have one, can you post a photo of yours. Something tells me there was an early 4 bolt housing. Think there might be a two hole one here in the stores. They can be cast iron welded or try the mig and some Dirko sealant rubbed into the weld either.
Thanks MF30 it's a 4 bolt will get photos tomorrow

used the roadrunner order stuff from you ? you,re not ACME by any chance :smile:
Must start stamping packages I send out with ACME, that’d get heads scratching...
On a different line I noticed in the last few weeks while filling orders for UK customers that they have really nice names to their farms. Rarely any farms around here have a name followed by Farm. All the UK farms seem to have names going back generations, think it’s a nice touch.

Is this any good?
On looking at that maybe it was the early pre 4/98 engines had the two hole housing. Must be a four hole housing I have then. Will have a root in the morning.

I might have one, can you post a photo of yours. Something tells me there was an early 4 bolt housing. Think there might be a two hole one here in the stores. They can be cast iron welded or try the mig and some Dirko sealant rubbed into the weld either.
Thanks for advice on welding took off and mig weld it .all back and working 20210411_104644.jpg20210411_112039.jpg

Dart of frost ?
Is the 2100 in regular use?
They would have been reasonably popular around here in the 80s , as cheap power , but the clutch problems would have seen them being moved on many years ago.
A lovely sweet running engine .
No wasn't frost there must have been dirt or excess sealant in the stud hole, I seen a little weep yesterday as soon as I went to thigh n it snapped. Bought it with clutch problems. Replace d the rubber bushion with steel and she never stopped. Mixing Slurry, mower , balin it used to cut both single and double chop years ago we do all bales now. It's a bit different. Was told the PTO in it was 450 rpm and 750rpm it was bought to run some sort of grain dryer when new. We used to have Nuffield s when I was younger.

no I think dirt or excess sealer in stud hole, first time welding cast iron with the mig thanks for say n .
A trick when doing mig welding on cast iron is to peen or lightly tap the weld with a light hammer for a few minutes, this will help prevent the mig weld pull away from the cast as they cool at different rates.

Last edited:
A trick when doing mig welding on cast iron is to peen or lightly tap the weld with a light hammer for a few minutes, this will help the mig weld pull away from the cast as they cool at different rates.
What is Dirko sealant and where can it be got

Looking for a front loader for a jd 2140,my neighbour sent me a link to a 2140 with a loader in a Watts auction,I told him to avoid it so he bought the next lot without a loader,I told him it didn’t have a puh,he said it does🙄

Looking for a front loader for a jd 2140,my neighbour sent me a link to a 2140 with a loader in a Watts auction,I told him to avoid it so he bought the next lot without a loader,I told him it didn’t have a puh,he said it does🙄
Duh, it looks like one if you don't have your glasses on :flappytounge:

main question is now will he admit defeat when he finds out he cant lower the hitch

Reactions: Paw
Back