I'm Looking For...

Is putting in ducting to run network cable an option? Alternatively you could run external grade network cable along the eaves perhaps. I'm using a relative of this running in access point mode in another building.

Tarmac down so duct not possible. Isn there a point to point like dish option?

Yes, I haven't used any of them so no personal experience, but this article should come in useful:

It reads well, and elara stock them along with huntoffice.

Yes, I haven't used any of them so no personal experience, but this article should come in useful:

It reads well, and elara stock them along with huntoffice.

I’ve a pair of the tp links running cameras across the yard and they are perfect, the one on the house is broadcasting WiFi that the phone can pick up but it can be a bit slower than if in the house. I got the last one off hunt office and I think it was delivered within a day or 2. They are nice and easy to set up to, and are POE so only need an Ethernet cable passed out to where it’s to be mounted

Just to add they don’t come with a mounting bracket, they are designed to be cable tied to a pole like a tv aerial or a satellite dish mount

Last edited:
Thanks for input. Is it it best hav camera plugged into receiver or is WiFi good enough inside relatively near sheeted shed?
I’ve my camera plugged into a modem,then the modem acts a junction that feeds my office and another wi-if repeater,I found another wi-if camera I had worked fine using wi-fi,if it’s not hard work I’d use an Ethernet lead direct into the camera though.

I’ve my camera plugged into a modem,then the modem acts a junction that feeds my office and another wi-if repeater,I found another wi-if camera I had worked fine using wi-fi,if it’s not hard work I’d use an Ethernet lead direct into the camera though.
Ok seams relatively straight forward🤞. Will go wit ubiquiti brand which still will only cost five monthly top up of sim. Thanks for help 👍🏼

McCarthy's in carrigtwohill were a Fraser dealer, may have one in stock. Failing that shannoncoilsprings in limerick may have one off the shelf.

These arrived from Shannon Coil Springs about a fortnight ago. They're a bit bigger than the originals but fit ok and stand about €60 delivered which is more than I thought I'd be spending but as it turns out, in light of my newfound familiarity with the spring trade, not that expensive after.

I'd still buy a mill if I got one reasonable - ideally a Junkkari.

Edit: Forgot to upload pic

Attachments

• 20210924_130052.jpg
    20210924_130052.jpg
    402.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
The other question would be should I look for a wider rim to take a wider tyre in time? Would it make much difference if I got a 15" rim over a 14" with my current tyre width?
@gone

Back