Interesting things on you tube

Big question for me is what is the typical life span of those light wall compressor tanks. Pity he didn’t give its age.

I've often thought myself that there not the greatest thing to have beside you in a workshop especially as most are probably moving on in years and more then likely rarely drained so rusty enough inside.
If they were stored outside they'd probably have more condensation though. I'm thinking strongly about moving mine outside now, or maybe just buy a new one with the heavier tank seeing that mine is 21 years old and runs at around 10 bar pressure. Its snugly under the workbench for now, I could cage it in and bolt the workbench to the floor but realistically how much longer will it last for. I drain it every six months and get a cupful of water each time.

A farmer we cut grain for in north dakota built a new compressor room at 1 corner of his workshop and had a strong door into it. He put up heavy insulated sheets around it
That countryside must be done sight up in North Dakota. What were the things that struck you the most ? ( dragging off topic I know but as @Big Vern would say “hey ho”)

car reliability score. Hint the Germans don't do well
image0.png

HLG machinery has a few interesting videos for anyone into machinery with time in front of the telly. french speaking but i just keep the volume low.

Back