interesting youtube videos

anyone seen this series before?

season 1 and 2 are on youtube just now probably be taken down as it was before.

i liked it anyway

[YOUTUBE]kHrjpr8SESU[/YOUTUBE]

anyone seen this series before?

season 1 and 2 are on youtube just now probably be taken down as it was before.

i liked it anyway

[YOUTUBE]kHrjpr8SESU[/YOUTUBE]

Have been watching it on discovery , good show .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have been watching it on discovery , good show .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i would love ago in some of those forestry machines:yes:

but the way things are going i dont know if there will be many trees left here. theres convoys of wood lorrys going out of the north of scotland this past few months, lot of new wood trailers, maybe people getting in for the first time. dont know how long it will last, lot of trees planted in the 70's but not much after that:undecided:

but the way things are going i dont know if there will be many trees left here. theres convoys of wood lorrys going out of the north of scotland this past few months, lot of new wood trailers, maybe people getting in for the first time. dont know how long it will last, lot of trees planted in the 70's but not much after that:undecided:

Trees from Scotland are being processed in Ballon Co Carlow and they are being shipped in through Rosslare . There were 1500 tonnes came in on a boat a few weeks ago .

Trees from Scotland are being processed in Ballon Co Carlow and they are being shipped in through Rosslare . There were 1500 tonnes came in on a boat a few weeks ago .

Yes then processed and shipped back out to the UK, mainly Manchester, last time I asked.

I wonder what the renewable heat initiative will do for timber supply and price ? the next 20 years could be a good time to own and process a bit of trees . I drove a muskeg on the hill about 25 years ago taking a lot of young trees out for planting . It was quite interesting seeing a lot of places you would never be near otherwise

as a fitter id of drove them from time to time in a past life.
harvesters, digger with heads and forwarders.
lot of buttons to learn and youd near want to be an octopus.
from memory the conversions of diggers to forestry machines had 5 if not 6 extra buttons on each lever, you worked them with the backs of your fingers while you used the joystick as well...
that was over 15 yrs ago, things would of progressed a tad since id imagine.

I wonder what the renewable heat initiative will do for timber supply and price ? the next 20 years could be a good time to own and process a bit of trees . I drove a muskeg on the hill about 25 years ago taking a lot of young trees out for planting . It was quite interesting seeing a lot of places you would never be near otherwise
Place near here are taking timber in to burn for heat, get through 100t an hour, going to take some work to plant enough new trees in front of that

i always wonder how much energy is used to cut and transport all this wood to be burnt and how much energy is actually released. all the diesel in harvesters, forwarders, lorries boats, chippers etc might be just aswell burnt in a generator. seen on the news that they were going to be taking wood from the states over here on ships to burn:undecided:

maybe im way out though and it is all worth it

i always wonder how much energy is used to cut and transport all this wood to be burnt and how much energy is actually released. all the diesel in harvesters, forwarders, lorries boats, chippers etc might be just aswell burnt in a generator. seen on the news that they were going to be taking wood from the states over here on ships to burn:undecided:

maybe im way out though and it is all worth it
I wonder that myself , there needs to be more waste burnt instead of going to landfill

60 years ago we had the worst snow pretty much ever up here in the north of scotland, roads were blocked for weeks and food for people and animals had to be flown in.

i think it was the same man who did all the tv programs back then haha

[YOUTUBE]u7EekR4dtxc[/YOUTUBE]

Well I must say,,,,

I worked with several of those "armies ' when I was on the mob,,,

Didn't see any soldiers who looked as remotely tidy as that,, in fact most of em looked like cobblers thumbs,,,,
I did notice though the UK entry was from the RAF,,,, they tend to get the good looking ones,,, the more "ahem" plainer ladies tend to get hijacked by the army,,, :whistling:

Well I must say,,,,

I worked with several of those "armies ' when I was on the mob,,,

Didn't see any soldiers who looked as remotely tidy as that,, in fact most of em looked like cobblers thumbs,,,,
I did notice though the UK entry was from the RAF,,,, they tend to get the good looking ones,,, the more "ahem" plainer ladies tend to get hijacked by the army,,, :whistling:

in combat vern if you had to dispatch one of those ladies would it cast you a thought or would you see no difference between male and female?

With out sounding like "Rambo"

It was my 'job",,, some one wants to point a loaded gun at big verns arse,, he or she takes their chances,,,
Would I have thought about it at the time, no,
Do I think about it now, occasionally if I'm chasing the black dog,

It was my 'job",,, some one wants to point a loaded gun at big verns arse,, he or she takes their chances,,,

a minutes hesitation could cost you your life i suppose

a minutes hesitation could cost you your life i suppose
i know nothing about the army more than what ive seen on the telly, but id say a minute would be a luxury.
id say it could be more like a split second decision..

I'd say the amount of lads that were in the army that are affected by what happend in conflict is scary.
When ye are home and finished do ye just get a thank you and that's that?
Or do ye get some financial help?

Sent from my D2203 using Tapatalk

I'd say the amount of lads that were in the army that are affected by what happend in conflict is scary.
When ye are home and finished do ye just get a thank you and that's that?
Or do ye get some financial help?

Sent from my D2203 using Tapatalk

Some people do get affected by some of their experiences, TBF the army have certainly got better in provided "mental health care" for those who suffer PTSD , trouble is tis like any walk o life you get the "chancers" who just start spinning a dit to get "time off "etc,,,:thumbdown:
AFAIK there's no financial help per say, I completed me 22 years service so get me full pension (thanks very much) and tis index linked so when I hit 55 ill get a nice increase in it,, but hey I earnt it,, it's a nice sum but no enough to retire on,, hence I am now a farm labourer again,:thumbup: and loving it, :D:cool:

Some people do get affected by some of their experiences, TBF the army have certainly got better in provided "mental health care" for those who suffer PTSD , trouble is tis like any walk o life you get the "chancers" who just start spinning a dit to get "time off "etc,,,:thumbdown:
AFAIK there's no financial help per say, I completed me 22 years service so get me full pension (thanks very much) and tis index linked so when I hit 55 ill get a nice increase in it,, but hey I earnt it,, it's a nice sum but no enough to retire on,, hence I am now a farm labourer again,:thumbup: and loving it, :D:cool:

Congrats on sserving your time in the service. Thanks from all I'm sure for things that no one should have to be asked to do. Didd you have to do many tours of duty in your time.
It's a shame they don't give you a good enough pension after service, scandalous really.!!!!!
Shame really that you fellas aren't looked after the way you should be considering everything. I know one lad who done one tour abroad and let's just say poor lad didn't come home the same. Injury plus ptsd in a bad way poor fella. So anyways thanks @Biig Vern.

Back